i. what broken can also be healed.

O

O. what broken can also be healed.
but can it be reopened ?

It felt too good to be true, he was only several blocks away from school, the school where he had fought -- Unbeknownst to him, either his step-brother or half-brother. Ward didn't have the heart to tell Chuck that he had met his mother, the woman he had once fallen in love with, who skipped out on them years ago or about the mother of the kid who been causing him trouble. How could he do that?

All Chuck could think about was Robby, he hasn't heard from him for two whole week. He was only getting worried by the second, every minute that went by only frightened the boy with the fractured leg.

Karate was supposed to be a way out of trouble, a way to keep him calm. But all it really did was lead him and his friends toward a rival between friends. And why? Over a dumb rivalry that happened almost a decade ago. Maybe if he had caught on-

"-We're here," Chuck snapped out of his thoughts, turning to his father, then his school, West Valley High. There it was, the place he used to love coming to, now it's just a constant reminder of bad blood everywhere.

"Hey, if you're not up for this, we can turn around and go back-"

Chuck cuts off his dad, "Home? No." He shook his head, "At some point, I gonna have to face my problems and today's perfect. All my friends are back and so am I."

Ward gave Chuck a warily expression before sighing in defeat, he got out the truck and headed to Chuck's side to help him out of the passenger seat. For Chuck, it was embarrassing to need help getting in and out of places now. But for Ward, it felt like quality time together.

Ward grabbed the crutches from the backseat and handed them to Chuck, "Now you call me if you run into any problems, okay? Any. I'm only a phone call away. Okay?"

Chuck laughed, raising a question with furrowed brows. "Don't you have a job interview?"

"Yeah, I'm supposed to be meeting with the guy at Dodger's at..." Ward raised his arms to check his watch, exclaiming, "Now!"

"Well, go!" Chuck ordered, "Don't miss out on an opportunity because of me!"

"You sure?" Ward asked again, only wanting real assurance before leaving.

Chuck chuckled lightheartedly, "I'll fine, Dad. Go knock 'em dead."

"Okay. Okay." Ward quickly shut the passenger's car door then rushed over to the driver side. He hopped in and beeped the honks a few times to make Chuck laugh before pulling off.