ii. all about balancing.

o. episode two.
ALL ABOUT BALANCING!

          CHUCK WAS WATCHING ROBBY TAKE HIS FRUSTRATION OUT ON THE PUNCHING BAG, "You punch any harder, you gonna Captain American the poor thing." He joked, Robby glared at him before going back to punching the bag much harder now.

Sam walked outside to the dojo, holding her bag on one shoulder while talking to someone on the phone. "Look, Miguel, I––" She stopped, looking over at Robby, he stopped punching for a second, then she looked at Chuck, who wasn't disturbed by it. "I can't talk right now. Can you just tell Aisha to call me back?"

She hung up, "I thought it was Aisha," She felt the need explain to them, more so to Robby.

"You can talk to whoever you want." Robby voiced, getting ready to punch the bag some more.

Chuck didn't speak, his eyebrows just flicked up and down before Daniel had greeted them.

"Hey, guys." He walked over to them, "All right. Perfect attendance on day one."

"So, what's our first lesson?" Sam asked.

"You'll see. Follow me." Daniel directed, leading the way, "Come on."

"Sand?" Chuck said out loud after Daniel had cuts opened a bag of sand and poured the sand out into one huge circle.

"If we're gonna play in sand, can't we go to the beach?" Sam humorously joked.

"No," Daniel lifted up, "Not day. It's been a long time since this dojo's had more than one student, and so you figure with three people, you have three times the defense, right?"

Sam nodded, Robby shrugged, and Chuck answered, "I mean, yeah."

"Wrong." Daniel corrected, "One of the many cornerstones of Miyagi-Do Karate is always moving in a circle." He demonstrated with his hand going around the other hand in a circle. "And with the wheel technique, you'll soon see that two people can be as strong as 30. Now, are you ready?"

"Yes, Mr. Lawrence." Robby answered.

"Shit, why not?" Chuck shrugged, palms up.

"Let's do this." Sam smiled at her father.

"All right. Get in the circle." Daniel instructed, they complied to it. "Face me. Bow. Now face each other. Bow."

The mimicking started out smooth at first, then came the real copying that Chuck struggled with.

"Okay, show me the wheel." Daniel ordered.

They all turned and kicked but it was all wrong.

"No. No, no, no." Daniel exclaimed, "You all have to be perfectly in sync. Or the technique doesn't work."

"Technique? This feels more like a dance." Robby expressed.

"And not just any dance, the dances you are forced to do although you don't enjoy it." Chuck added.

"I mean, At what point do we do the hokey pokey and turn ourselves around?" Sam slid in.

"Ok, guys, trust me." Daniel begged, "The three of you master this, no one's gonna wanna mess with you. Come on. Let's try it again."