ii. why are they so hostile, huh?

Start from the beginning

"Visiting Miguel,"

He was unaware of this, "Oh, he awaken?"

Hawk nodded, "What are you doing here?"

Chuck looked at him as if it wasn't obvious, Hawk caught on. "You're right, dumb question."

"Very." Chuck laughed a little bit, "Well, I gotta go before my dad sees me talking to you and flip his shit, so see ya." Chuck grabbed his crutch.

"Um, yeah," Hawk moved aside to let Chuck take a easy way to the door instead going all the way around him. "See ya."

Chuck headed to the door then stopped, "Hey, Hawk?" He turned to him, catching his attention. "Thanks... again."

"Everybody needs a little saving sometimes, even you," Hawk repeated the same words Chuck had said to him. Chuck gave him a small smile before turning on his heel and walking out of the room to find his dad.

He stood outside, waiting for his father by the truck. He had no clue what was taking so long, scrolling through Instagram at students post from school. He looked up to see Sam heading to her car, "Sam?"

The girl looked over at him before walking toward him, "Chuck. What are you doing here? Can't be for Miguel."

Chuck laughed, "No. Daily checkup on my leg. I'm guessing you was here for Miguel, huh?"

"Guilty." He responded.

"How is he?" Chuck asked.

Sam shrugged, shaking her head. "He needs surgery but it costs more than anything I keep my piggy bank. And this is all my fault that he even needs surgery in the first place."

Chuck grabbed her head, "Whoa, calm it, girl. First off, it isn't your fault. As much as we hate to think about, we both know who fault this really is."

"Robby."

"Tory."

They said in unison, looking at each other with bafflement. "Why would you say Tory?" Chuck asked her.

"Because she started this, all of it."

Chuck thought about it, "I mean, yeah, but... Robby kicked him over that railing, Sam. We can't keep denying that."

"But... I did kiss him. Miguel. At that party." Sam confessed.

"And you think that give Tory the right to torture you? 'Cus it doesn't, Sam. Don't let her control you."

"I'm not! I'm not, okay? I just want to help Miguel, alright? You in or what?" Sam requested.

Chuck looked at the hospital's door, seeing if his father would come out. "I think my dad is fucking my nurse."

Sam didn't know how to response, "So is that a yes?" She asked him, he nodded and followed Sam to her car. "Might wanna text your dad that you're with me."