7

You poured the drink in Jongho's glass before filling yours, "So? Do we keep drinking or do we go home?"

"Well," Jongho clicked his glass with yours, "I think a few more drinks won't hurt."

He was smirking. And you decided to gather your guts and embrace your inner Wooyoung (the confidence, at least, not the tendency to be an annoying clingy but lovable shit) as you smirked back.

You two found yourselves talking about your future plans; Jongho's plans of pursuing entertainment and music, your plans of feeling out what was really meant for you from the variety of options you had in your mind. It was finally when you both felt like any more drinking would definitely mean you two weren't getting home tonight that you two stood up to go.

Yeosang told you both to go ahead and that he'd come later, and you felt your heart sink a little because of the nervousness-

Jongho was drunk enough to ask you anything that he normally wouldn't and you were drunk enough to answer.

"You've been looking at me funny all night," Jongho was nearly slurring his words but was stable enough as he walked. However, you were the opposite and you reflexively held on to Jongho's arm, which made him smile.

"I look at everyone funny when I'm drunk," you looked at him and laughed at the playfulness in his eyes, "Have you sworn to ask such weird questions whenever I'm drunk?"

"What weird questions have I asked when you're drunk- oh. So you do remember."

"Remember what?" You pretended to think, "Not sure I do."

Jongho shook his head, fishing in his pocket for the keys to your apartment, unlocking it silently and you bit your lips furiously because god, he was clever. He was smart, and he had caught you red-handed and there was no way to get out of this-

"Listen, Minnie," Jongho turned as he shut the door and you paused, "I'm sober enough to think but also drunk enough to dare and ask this," he put his hands in his pockets and huffed, then took them out. "What, exactly, did you mean that night? And don't give the I-don't-remember crap. That's not gonna work anymore."

"Maybe it's because I'm drunk that my drunk memories dialled back in?"

Jongho gaped at you and you sighed, laughing nervously, "I'm sorry- I always do this, don't I? Run around things, never answering properly. You probably hate me."

"I could never," his voice was low as he took a step closer.

"Okay," you threw your hands in the air. "I like you. God, I can't believe I said that out loud. I've liked you since forever, Jongho. I thought it was a school crush but then we talked more, you fucking saved me and it made me feel things, I'm sorry-"

"Hey, hey," Jongho shook his head, coming forward, "Why are you apologising?"

"Because we live under the same roof? And you're Yeosang's best friend? I shouldn't have said it. I've made it awkward for you, haven't I? You probably only think of me as your best friend's stupid little sister-"

Jongho couldn't have made it quicker as he held your face and stopped right before leaning in, scanning your face and making sure you were okay, that you weren't joking. And when he saw your tear-glazed eyes, he couldn't help but sigh internally as he finally pecked your lips, testing the waters, laying a soft kiss again as he waited for you to respond, and when you didn't because your knees were so weak that you couldn't move, he leaned back, frowning.

"I thought you said you liked me- was I wrong?"

You let out a nervous laugh, shaking your head before you gathered yourself and did what you had been longing to do for so long. You grabbed the collar of his jacket and kissed him, not the soft pecks that he'd been giving you but a kiss that said that you were his now and he could do whatever he pleased with you.