𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳 - 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗶 𝗸𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀?

a/n - please vote :) ALSO OMFG I JUST SKIPPED A CHAPTER I DIDNT REALISE I PODTED WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE READ 5 IF YOU HAVENT !

nini's pov
i walk into the stage, seeing miss jenn and carlos there. "um, have you guys seen my phone?" i ask, "it's kind of a... eggshell champagne colour, has a playbill case?" i describe. "well, that's adorable," carlos starts. "sorry no, but we'll keep a look out!" miss jenn answers. i run out of the bomb shelter. "just remember there's no phones in rehearsal!" miss jenn shouts. "i know!" i shout back.

y/n's pov
i pull up my kneepads, looking at the almost full crowd that sat on the stairs. i find nini, who sat next to kourtney. she smiles at me, pointing to her knee. i smile back, nodding, before getting called over coach bartolo. i look at the other team, that was also in a huddle. i jog over, joining the circle between gina and josephine.

after a pep talk, we all put our hands in the middle. "3,2,1, east high!"

i hold the ball in my left hand, moving back behind the line. i look up at nini, who gives me a thumbs up, mouthing a 'you got this'. i look back onto the court, the whistle blowing.

i run up, throwing the ball up with my left hand, jumping just before my foot hits the line and hitting the ball mid air with all my strength. the ball flies through the air, landing with a smack on the opponents side. i smile as the crowd cheers, walking back to the middle of our side for a small high five from everyone.

nini's pov
i watch with anticipation as julie receives the ball into the air, y/n running to get it. she jumps, "g!" she yells, setting the ball to gina's side. gina runs up, swinging her arms back and jumping, spiking it perfectly in the top right corner. i cheer loudly, looking at the big score board. our school had 19 points, the other school having 12 points. "y/n's got this in the bag!" kourtney says, cheering. i laugh, nodding.

"come on y/n," i whisper, seeing we only need one more point to win the whole game. a girl on the opposing side serves the ball, grace receiving it straight to y/n. y/n stands side on, having either option to set to gina or anna as they run up to the net. she jumps vertically up, setting backwards. i watch in awe as it was a perfect set, gina running up and spiking it. she lets out a grunt, spiking it almost vertically down. i jolt up, cheering as loud as i can.

i smile softly as gina and y/n immediately run into each other after the whistle blows, hugging with a bright smile. after y/n's team shakes the other team under the net, i run down the stairs, almost tripping on the last step. i continue running, and y/n turns around, seeing me and laughing. i laugh too, jumping into her. she holds me up by my thighs, spinning me around. "you did so good!" i squeal, hugging her tightly. "it's the kneepad!" she exclaims back, laughing.

we stumble a little as y/n puts me down, arms around my waist. i laugh, hugging her once again.

y/n's pov
i spin the ball on my finger as nini and i walk home. "y/n, i literally can't find my phone! it's missing!" "have you tried the lost and found?" i ask, looking at her. "oh... crap..." she looks at me. "oh my god! you check there tomorrow, too late to go back now," i say, "you sure someone didn't take it? you never lose your phone." "i don't know, it wasn't in my bag or in the bomb shelter! i looked everywhere."

i watch on the side as gina dances her heart out to the piano. "everybody hold!" miss jenn yells as the song ends. i follow her gaze as she walks up to nini who stood by the door. "nini, where were you? we've been here for an hour," miss jenn says. "i'm so sorry! uh, i lost my phone and spent last night living as a hunter-gatherer, which, by the way, did you know that there are things that are on tv at a certain time?" she asks, smiling. i quietly laugh, shaking my head. "okay anyway, i finally picked it up at the lost and found, and- wait, did you say an hour?" "gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea. you didn't get it?" "no, because my phone was missing." "well, honey, you gotta keep better track of your stuff. a real triple-threat means singing, acting and being organized." nini nods, "got it."

miss jenn turns her head to gina who was walking up to nini and her. "well if you had been here, you'd know that gina pitched a whole new dance break for gabriella and taylor in the middle of status quo, and she had carlos work it out for her and it is just dazzling!" gina chuckles, and miss jenn walks to carlos, leaving nini and gina together.

i watch in second hand embarrassment as nini gives her awkward smile. "you and carlos?" she says. gina hands her a food tray. "gina, why don't you hydrate and show nini the new choreo, would you?" miss jenn says, gina walking away.

i look up as ricky calls my name. "hi ricky," i say, "how's theater going for you?" he chuckles. "uh... it's alright. actually not as bad as i'd thought. i was kinda hoping to get troy though, but it's okay. you deserve it," he says sincerely. "thanks ricky," i thank.

i see ricky then walk up to nini, trying to have a chat but nini says a few words, walking straight past him and leaving ricky by himself, standing awkwardly.

nini's pov
i stand beside gina, clenching onto my food tray. "this is a basic triple pirouette," she says, doing a pirouette 3 times as easy as walking. "this is like a two count of krump," she says, doing a dance move i've never even seen. "and then we're into some argentinian tango," she says, "piece of cake if you've ever spent a few months overseas." i hum, giving an awkward chuckle as i watch gina dance some more. "here's where you kick your face!" she rolls on the floor, lifting her leg up.

i nod, humming, "can i kick yours?" i ask passive aggressively. "i love your humor. okay, part two, ready?" we stand up again. there's not a word for this last move per se, but i call it the death whack. give a gander." gina swoops her legs as she dances towards me. i back up, trying not to get knocked out if she smacked my face with her foot.

she drops into a split. "ta-da!" she says, smiling, "so that, but you start on the left foot." she stands back up again, "ready?"

"what?!" y/n yells, looking at me as we walk. "i just don't like gina! she's so... desperate!" i repeat. "gina really wants my part in the show and she's basically willing to kill me to get it. but now she's stealing phones and inventing new ways to hurt myself." "hold on, you think gina stole your phone?" "yes!" "no! gina was with me in volleyball training the afternoon you lost your phone idiot, it wasn't gina." "what if gina has a twin, called trina?! and trina was the one playing volleyball while gina stole my phone?!" "okay, now you're being paranoid." "okay while you judge me, i'm calling kourtney to come over. she'll give me good advice," i throw shade, side-eying her as i puts my phone to my ear. y/n scoffs, continuing to walk.

i tap my ipad on the slideshow. "one, talk to miss jenn. two, magically learn the dance. three, have my moms yell at her mom. four, quit the show. five, eat so much ice-cream, y/n always has a full refrigerator full of ice-cream. or six, steal something back." i place my ipad to the side. "oh, we can scratch out number six, 'cause that's an act of war." kourtney says. i reach into my backpack, pulling out gina's dance shoes. " too late," i show her. "nini!" "i thought you'd veto the ice-cream!"