Chapter 10: Deal with the Devil

Start from the beginning

'Old Guy?'

"Yeah. He has long white hair and has these long red marks running down his face? He seems creepy." Sakura sighed, and Javen paused, knowing exactly who that was.

Javen stood and bit his cheek, 'Do you know where they are?'

"Naruto mentioned they did train near this waterfall thing, but no, I don't." Sakura apologized, "Sorry."

Javen shook his head and shrugged, 'It's no problem. I'm going to go visit Naruto. Will you be okay home alone?"

"I'll be fine. I was going to go visit Lee in a little bit."

He smiled in thanks before heading out.

It didn't take him long to find Jiraiya and Naruto. He sat on a nearby tree branch before breaking off a twig and chucking it at Naruto. The blonde jumped and turned around, throwing a kunai straight at Javen, who quickly caught it.

The blond seemed happy to see Javen, "Javen! So you're finally out of the house. Sakura was worried."

Javen just shrugged and looked at Jiraiya, who seemed slightly surprised to see him. Javen pulled out the scroll and pen, 'So Naruto, who told you that this guy was a good person to train with? He'll corrupt you.'

Naruto opened his mouth to argue, and Jiraiya spoke up, "Actually, he wouldn't leave me alone till I trained him, so here I am, Javen."

Javen looked at him dead before Naruto spoke up, "You guys know each other?"

Javen gritted his teeth and sighed, 'As an ANBU, I was tasked with finding and delivering a message to him. But, instead, I found him harassing girls like a disgusting pervert.'

Jiraiya's jaw dropped, "It was observation for my book. Is there a reason why you can't speak, Javen?"

Javen moved to write again, but Naruto took the initiative, "Orochimaru took his voice with a jutsu because Javen overheard something he shouldn't of."

Javen just nodded in confirmation. Apparently, Kakashi had spread the news for him.

"Can't you just write it?" Jiraiya looked somewhat concerned for Javen, and Javen shook his head no.

Javen shrugged and wrote on his scroll, 'There's nothing I can do about it.'

Jiraiya gave him a pitiful look, one Javen clearly didn't appreciate.

'I did find a way I might be able to get my voice back, but I need to talk to Lord Hokage about it.' Javen wrote, 'It could seriously backfire. So besides coming here to check on Naruto, I hope I could run the idea against you, Jiraiya.'

Jiraiya furrowed his brows, "Why me?"

'You know him best. I need you to tell me the chances of me surviving the risk I'm about to take.'

Jiraiya then turned to Naruto, "Naruto, why don't you head back to the village?"

Javen rummaged in his pockets and handed Naruto a wad of cash, 'Go get ramen for yourself.'

Naruto seemed concerned, but he wasn't going to pass that up, so he began to make his way to the village. When he was out of sight, Jiraiya turned to Javen.

"What's the proposal he made you?"

Javen started writing, turning the scroll around for Jiraiya to read when he was done.

"He said you would get your voice back after going with him for two weeks? Then you can return here?" Jiraiya moved to sit down on a rock as Javen just nodded.