Chapter 1:Shattered

"Jen!Smile at my camera!" A voice shouted.

Jen quickly glances at the voice direction.

Jen quickly glances at his back in surprised.

Suddenly a shower of confetti blasted all over the area. He was caught off guard that he almost lost his balance!

"Hey!Hey!Careful!" Carl exclaimed as he catches him before he falls.

"Happy Birthday!!!" His workmates shouted together as the camera keeps on flashing on him.

Jen burst into tears as he glances at his co-workers.

"You remembered my birthday!Thank you so much! I won't forget this day!" He said as he cries silently.

"Blow your candles Jen!" Jako shouted excitedly as he lend the birthday cake towards Jen.

Jen fell silent for a moment and he think about his birthday wish silently. Then he blows the candle.

Everyone claps and cheers as they keep on seeing happy birthday.

Jen closes his eyes as the cheerful laughter and merrily singing slowly faded.

He snaps back to reality when he heard the alarm beside him rings.

"It's time to leave." He thought.

He was holding the picture frame that hold their group photo that was taken during his birthday.

He sigh sadly as he put it into the box beside him.

"I should leave before they operate." He muttered.

Jen sadly walks out of his former workplace as he carefully carried the box that was full of his personal belongings.

He tried to suppressed the tears that swells in his eyes.

"Jen, darling are you sure you're leaving?" Cecilia the oldest among them and their acting Stage Mother asked him sadly as she assisted him in packing up his stuffs.

Jen notices the tears that was starting to swell on the old woman's eyes.

Jen smiled at him cheerfully as he slowly looked away to hide the tears that was about to fall from his eyes.

"Yes! Ma! I have to leave.Madame Lysa had already made a decision. She fired me." Jen answered as he packed up his remaining stuffs.

Cecilia gasped and she look at Jen in surprise.

"Wait Jen darling?!! They fired you? Without any proof to the allegations that Madame had thrown on you? They didn't even find any proof to validate that accusation." Jako exclaimed as he gave him a glass of water.

Several of their co workers who are close to him started to gather around them looking at him sadly.

"Take a seat Jen.Stay with us for few minutes.We need to discuss this matter before you leave."Said Cecilia as she offered him a vacant seat.

Jako get one the boxes from his grasped as he motioned him to seat. The other also grabs some of his belonging to make him obey Cecelia.

He just sighed as he sat on the chair.

Suddenly Pilo the husband of his former boss their Madame Lysa came.

Everyone immediately return to their designated working area.

"G-Good E-Evening S-Sir." He greeted him nervously as he continued to check his stuffs if he forget something. "I-I a-already p-packed my personal belongings you can check it if you wanted too before I leave."