ChildHood

So because I've realized it has been over 2 weeks since my last chapter, I felt bad so I'm doing a special chapter. I've started school again and it's not that I'm busy, but writing just hasn't been something I do as much because I just don't have the energy. I'll try and get a chapter out when my motivation comes back, but I only have the motivation to do this. Sooo, enjoy? It's really just a review of her background and explains more.

Han Eun Ae was born into an unusual family. Her father was the result of an affair and raised in Germany by his mother who was poor and ran a farm. Her mother was born into a wealthy family with an older brother and then later a little sister. The two had completely separate lives.

Nicholas liked the farm, he never asked for much. Never even asked to meet his father, until he got a letter one day from the man. He then found out he had an older brother, so he became a curious kid and started asking about him. His mother refused to give details, but he still begged. Until his father appeared and fought for custody and took him back to Korea. He didn't complain, he liked Germany, but his mother wasn't a big fan of her own kid. He tried to be perfect, but in her eyes never was. In his father's eyes, he and his new half-brother were the perfect kids.

Soo Jin grew up with loving parents and an older brother who accomplished lots. The family was smart academically and had good features and proportions. Soo Jin was deemed the prettiest and just walking on the streets got people staring at her in awe and agencies wanting her as their new model. Of course she had to accept eventually but it still took her a while. Her little sister studied fashion and her elder brother just studied about everything, he wanted to know it all. The perfect family.

Before they knew it, they were running into each other in the street often. Nicholas was a trainee and Soo Jin was a model. After weeks of seeing each other in the same cafe, Nicholas made the first move and asked her on a date. Soo Jin had hesitated, but she eventually agreed. Then, they ended up turning serious and talked about marriage someday. So Nicholas took all of his business education he learned while being a trainee and started some companies, never knowing how big he'd grow.

To Soo Jin's family, Nicholas was odd. Foreigners weren't exactly common, but they still accepted him since he had very good looks and a nice build.

They got married, and soon came their beautiful daughter. Han Eun Ae or Emily Han. Nicholas knew from the second he saw her bright blue eyes, she was going to be a special part in everyone's lives. He didn't know what, but he knew she'd be special.

That was until their first scare. Nicholas had gone to go check on Emily after a long day at work to find her barely breathing. He panicked and hesitated on what to do, but luckily got her to a hospital on time. The doctors then told the family she had lung problems and seemed as if her immune system was weaker than most kids her age. The doctor even said she could struggle to make it to her teen years.

Neither of the parents knew what to do, so they vowed to give their kid the best life ever. Nicholas promised himself to allow Emily to follow her dreams, but Soo Jin wanted her to be perfect since she saw herself and Nicholas as the perfect couple. Which caused Emily to start ballet, competition dance and figure skating all at the age of 4. Emily never minded since she loved doing everything.

That's how her childhood was. She was always practicing or she was in a hospital. The hospital was what made Nicholas nervous. He became so stressed between the bills, his work and just the health of his only daughter, he picked up a hobby of doing puzzles as his stress reliever.

Somedays, Emily would catch her father in his office crying from all the stress as he fit the puzzle together. One time, he did a puzzle in the living room and Emily came and sat beside him without a word, just to do it with him.

"I like puzzles too! Especially since you like them" Emily smiled up at her father with her toothy grin. Nicholas almost broke down at the sight of his little girl. She was always smiling even with her health issues, she was always smiling through the pain of her extracurriculars.

Emily enjoyed smiling. She smiled a lot no matter the occasion, even if it was her mother yelling at her to do better. She still smiled. Her smile was the biggest when she visited Korea for the first time and met her cousin, Seonghwa and his elder brother. Seonghwa and her were close from the very first day.

Something about him made her feel safe. Then while she was there, she was introduced to a family friend. One ended up being Seungkwan, who would later become one of the biggest idols. Seungkwan treated her as a younger sister, and they stuck close for a long time.

Later, she visited Malaysia and saw her other cousin, Jisung. Something about him made her feel safe as well. Jisung had a bright smile like her and their fathers were really close, which made them close as well.

When she turned 6, she got a nanny since her parents were going to be out of the country more often now that she's older. Her Nanny was Japanese, so she made a lot of Japanese dishes for Emily and taught her some facts about the culture. It fascinated Emily to learn about the other cultures.

Her Nanny enjoyed Emily's presence since she was always so cheerful. Emily always begged her to go get a cookie at starbucks, since she couldn't resist, she always said yes.

Little did they know that would lead to something greater. One boy came in often, and got the same cookie as Emily always had. One day, they talked and Emily never knew the promise the boy made to himself.

I'll marry that girl someday. I want to stay with her.

Her smile was contagious and just her presence made anyone feel good. No wonder the boy thought that. Emily secretly liked the boy too because he also had good energy. That was until she left Seattle for Japan.

In Japan, her father put her in a nearby dance studio in Okayama. She reluctantly went, but never talked with anyone and sat in the corner alone a lot. There were quite a few kids her age, but she wasn't used to being social.

Until a bright smile came running over to her and dragged her from her corner, practically forcing her to be his friend. She understood little Japanese, so the boy had a hard time communicating with her and yet that never stopped him. He made exaggerated movements to describe stuff for her. It always made her laugh and smile, which made the boy happy.

She became dedicated to the studio and learning Japanese, just to communicate with the boy. Little by little they had full conversations and he became someone she could say anything to. Once she understood Japanese to an extent, the boy introduced her officially to his sisters.

Emily was welcomed into the Nishimura family with open arms. That was how she got close with everyone. She was quickly acknowledged as one of the best dancers in the studio and always danced at the front beside Riki. She loved Japan since she grew up around the culture almost her entire childhood.

Japan made her feel safe and her dance studio was her home. Before, she had to leave for Korea. Riki and her promised to meet again, but she was scared about upholding that promise.

In Korea, her mother was always needing to make her perfect. So, Emily rebelled more than usual. Especially since her mother took her away from her best friend. She joined a K-Pop company called SM entertainment and trained with various people.

She enjoyed it more than she thought she ever would. So, she continued. She gained popularity on social media and ended up in BigHit.

When she joined BigHit, she never expected much since it had all boy trainees. She never knew how big she would get and who she would meet in the near future. All she knew was that she was happy again and had that smile everyone enjoyed so much. 

Emily Han, the girl who had a crazy childhood, beat all odds and still made it in life. Without her parents help.