• Chapter 8 • Bonds •

Start from the beginning

Of course, he didn't like rules, he preferred to follow his own, besides, studying wasn't his favourite thing in the world.

-I could teach you too. -If Magnus or Alec knew he had the intention of doing such thing, he would have yo find a way to escape from their anger. But he cared little.

-Would you? -Harry's dreamy eyes were now on him, shining as bright as the moon.

-Only if you keep the secret.

-Only if you keep the secret with me.

Matt hated to be so focused on the road, he felt Harry's eyes on him, waiting for that promise.

-Of course. -As a way of sealing the pact, Matt had the intention to take Harry's hand, yet, his own ended up on the half warlock's thigh, which gave him goosebumps, but not flinched a bit, he let that sensation invade his body.

It didn't felt awkward for Matt either, he was used to do things like that, but he didn't recall his heart beating in such a way and even faster when Harry's hand was on his, a bit smaller, but warm, smooth, not minding Matt's scars.

Both were grinning, eyes on the road, as their hands slowly parted, still with the sensation of being together.

-Do you know where London Bridge is? -Suddenly Harry recalled the video Clary and Simon prepared for him at that party.

-It shouldn't be far from here.

After that, Matt took out his mobile phone, searched for the place and saw the map before focusing again on the empty road.

-Forty minutes away.

-Could we go?

-I wasn't thinking anything different.

For a brief period of time, their eyes met, while smirking at each other.
Maybe all they needed was a car ride.

...

It hadn't been easy getting Isabelle out of the training room, but when Maryse and Luke finally had the girl in front of them, the woman asked him to let her alone with her daughter.

-If you want to know how is the mission going, I have no idea...

-I want to know how are you.

Those words wasn't the common thing her mother would say and Isabelle, helplessly looked at her, while sitting down on the hallway's bench.

-I'm okay.

-No you are not. -She didn't need Lucian or Clary to tell her. She was a mother, she could notice that something was wrong with Isabelle.

Seconds later, the woman was sitting next to the girl.
The situation was awkward for both, they wasn't used to talk as every mother would do with their kids, but it was something they needed.

-Why didn't you want to that mission? -Maryse knew how much Isabelle loved adventure, how open to new experiences she was.

-I... Needed to stay here. -Replied, as she undid her braids. Curls spilling on her shoulders and back.

-It's okay if you don't want to talk to me... -How could Maryse blame Isabelle? She hadn't been there for her daughter. Not enough. Besides, they were too similar, both strong and independent. -But I'm your mother, and I'm worried.

Isabelle didn't doubt about that, she was conscious that every mother, even if they tried not to, they worried. Yet, it was hard to trust someone that barely spent time with you and was so distant.

-You know I love Simon... -Izzy was too tired of pretending to be strong. -And I did nothing to stop him from going to that mission... Just be mad at him for the decision he took.