| college life ~ pt.2 |

"y/n!" nancy exclaimed, running towards you and enveloping you in a hug. you chuckled and wrapped your arms around her. "hey nance." you said as she squeezed you tighter. "geez, nance, let her breathe." you heard jonathan say from behind her. she backed away and placed her hands on your arms. "it's so nice to see you!" she said, giving your arms a squeeze. nancy insisted on having a little catch up with your old group at her house. she placed a hand on your back and pushed you further into the room. you walked into the living room and saw eddie sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand. he looked over and smiled when he saw you. "y/f/n, haven't seen you in a while." he stated whilst he hugged you. "eddie munson, you actually graduated?" you teased. he scoffed. "yeah, last year." he joked. you broke away from the hug and sat on the couch. nancy and jonathan walked in a few minutes later. "the latecomers will be here soon." nancy said, sitting down on a couch that was opposite the other, jonathan sitting beside her.

you all sat down and caught up on what had been happening the past few years. you got up during one of nancy's stories to get a drink. you were in the kitchen when the front door had opened. "sorry we're late." a very familiar voice apologised. you stepped out of the kitchen and saw two figures in the living room. "little miss buckley couldn't decide what she was-" he stopped in his tracks when his brown eyes met yours. his face softened but his eyebrows quickly furrowed . he quickly cleared his throat. "wearing. couldn't decide what she was wearing." he finished his sentence, breaking the eye contact with you as he turned back to robin. you quickly walked back into the kitchen. nancy didn't tell you he would be here. you leaned your elbows on the counter and placed your head in your hands.

you heard footsteps behind you and felt a hand on your back. "you okay?" you heard eddie ask. you lifted your head and nodded. "you sure?" he asked. you turned to face him. "i don't know..." you answered truthfully. "messy breakup?" he asked. you sighed and threw your head back. "kinda." you looked back at eddie. "i didn't know he was going to be here. if i did, i wouldn't have shown up." you admitted. "don't you think that's a little dramatic?" you shook your head. "everything's just going to be awkward now and i don't want to ruin everyone else's catch up." you added. "maybe you should just talk to him. it's been a year, he's probably over it." eddie suggested, taking a sip of his beer. you furrowed your eyebrows. you've thought about the argument so many times over the past year. you always wondered what would've happened if you told him you still loved him or even better, if the argument never happened. you realised that what you said during the argument was a lie, you still loved him. it wasn't until you went to the mall a few weeks after the breakup and saw steve in scoops ahoy that you realised you still loved him. it was a year ago though. eddie was right, steve was probably over it. "you're probably right." you said, running a hand down your face. "always am." he joked, making you smile. "come on, wheeler was in the middle of a story before you left." eddie said, pushing you towards the kitchen door.

steve stood in the hallway, just outside of the living room with robin. the living room door was closed. "you didn't tell me she was going to be here, robin." he complained, running a hand through his hair. "oh come on, steve. you broke up a year ago, you still aren't over her?" robin asked, crossing her arms. steve's silence answered the question. "oh my god." robin shook her head. "we were together for two and a half years, robin! you don't just go from loving someone for that long to just falling out of love! it makes no sense!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands around and pacing the hallway as he spoke. robin placed her hands on his arms, making him stop and look at her. "steve, take a breath, jesus." she said, shaking him slightly. "we're here to all reminisce about shitty high school memories and more than likely cry over memories of the upside down and stuff. if you want to talk to y/n, just talk to her." robin told him, letting him go. she opened the door to the living room and pushed steve inside, just as eddie pushed you inside from the kitchen.