| apology |

*this was requested by LamarAbourasLarry thank you for request!*
——————————————————————————

you sat on your couch in your living room, your best friend, steve harrington, sitting beside you and a group of six teens spread out on the floor. ever since the incident at starcourt, you and steve always wanted to make sure the teens were okay. what they saw at starcout was traumatising. you had to watch your boyfriend, billy hargrove, be brutal killed by a terrifying monster from a different dimension. your relationship with billy wasn't exactly the greatest. it was horribly toxic. every night he was out or when you weren't with him, there was a 50/50 chance he was cheating on you but you had convinced yourself that it was going to work. it had to. you had to make it work to get over your crush on steve but you were never in love with billy. seeing him die was still heartbreaking though. you had promised yourself on the day he died that you would constantly check up on max. she knew how you were feeling, having lost her brother that day.

you watched over the teens as steve flicked through tv channels. lucas, dustin, will and mike were talking about d&d but it quickly turned into lucas and mike arguing over who is more strategical in planning their attacks in the fantasy game. "you don't think! i do! i take time and plan out all the possible effects my attack could cause! you just choose randomly!" lucas argued. mike scrunched up his nose. "that is so not true! you told will to fireball the demogorgan when he should've cast protection!" mike yelled back. will cringed at the memory and touched the back of his neck slightly. lucas rolled his eyes. "that was years ago!" lucas shouted. "mike, just be honest, lucas is just smarter than you which means he's better at your nerdy game." max defended lucas, earning a smile from him. "oh please! you're only saying that because he's your boyfriend!" mike yelled. max rolled her eyes. "mike's smart." el spoke up. mike held his hand out to her. "see?!" he said. "she's your girlfriend! obviously she's going to say that!" lucas exclaimed. "fine! dustin, will who's better at planning their attacks? me or lucas?" mike asked, crossing his arms. the two boys looked between them like two kids choosing between their parents. "lucas." dustin said. mike made a disgusted face where as lucas smiled smugly. "mike." will sheepishly said. now lucas and mike's expressions had switched. the two continued arguing.

"boys, boys, stop yelling!" you scolded, making the two turn and face you. "y/n! y/n." lucas said. "who do you think is better at planning their attacks? me?" he smiled at you. "or mike." he pointed over at mike, making a disgusted face. you rolled your eyes. "seriously?" you asked, shaking your head. lucas waited, looking at you expectantly. you sighed. "you, lucas." you confessed. "boom!" he exclaimed, turning back to face mike. "that's three on my side and only two on your side, mike! i win!" he boasted, a stupid smug smile plastered on his face. mike rolled his eyes. "that means nothing. i still know i'm better." he mumbled. "you're just jealous more people like me." lucas teased. "sorry mike." you apologised. "but lucas is better at strategically planning his attacks. maybe if you took a little more time thinking about your choices, you could be as good as him." you encouraged.

steve looked away from the tv and looked at you. "god, you're so dramatic." he teased, scoffing slightly. you furrowed your eyebrows. "what?" you asked. "it's just a fantasy game. why do you care so much about it? you get so heated when you talk about it." he chuckled. you frowned. "says the one that gets triggered anytime someone says the word bullshit." you said, crossing your arms. a few 'oohs' emitted from the teens. steve's expression immediately changed. his smile faded from his face, his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw was clenched. "says the one who's boyfriend cheated on her every time he was away from you." he said through clenched teeth. you were taken aback. was he being serious? you opened your mouth to apologise for what you said but you were quickly cut off by steve. "you know, it's obvious why he did it now. you can be such a bitch, y/n." steve snapped. the group of teens all gasped behind you.