Ch 12: The Bomb

No One's POV

"Jinnie..."

And Han couldn't even bring himself to say anything else. Hyunjin was here, the same Hyunjin he'd known since he was little was here of all places. There were too many emotions, he was ecstatic that he wasn't alone and could share his pain with someone but...how was he here?

Hyunjin himself wasn't faring much better, he hadn't seen Han in years, let alone anyone else that familiar.

Time froze between them, mouths open, words yearning to be spoken, but neither had it in them to bring out anything. They couldn't even move.

Tears had begun to streak down Hyunjin's face and it caused Han to snap out of their little slow-motion bubble and shatter back into reality. He ran at Hyunjin, crushing him. All he wanted to envelope him. Hyunjin was everything. Hyunjin was home, Hyunjin was family, Hyunjin was familiar.

Hyunjin held Han with the same ferocity, after making sure he didn't tip over. Hyunjin hugged Han because home had come back to him when he didn't even think it was possible. He was confused beyond his mind, but there wasn't time to be confused when his best friend was here with him after eons. A small part of him wondered if maybe, just maybe Han was here to take him back home where he belonged. That maybe he wasn't so alone and forgotten after all. So he hugged tighter, even after Han stopped squeezing him, he hugged.

The rest of the living room froze too because no one could understand what was just happening. Of course, Hyunjin and Han knew each other but it was obvious that this was more than just a reunion of tears after years of being apart. There was something extra in the hug that Hyunjin and Han shared that had the whole room thinking of their own explanations.

Hyunjin and Han separated eventually and there was so much they both wanted to ask each other, but instantly both of their eyes wandered around the room and they knew that this wasn't the right place to ask those questions.

The rest of the gang realized that Hyunjin and Han weren't going to have any more of a moment in front of them and reluctantly didn't ask any questions. Chan, ever the one to take the fall, broke the silence after clearing his throat.

"Wow! It's a small world isn't it! I can't believe you two know each other from before."

Chan beckoned Felix, Hyunjin, and Han to find a seat, as Hyunjin and Han stumbled to reply to Chan. After similar forced chuckles, Hyunjin was able to reply, "Yeah. Me and Hannie go way back. I can't actually believe that I was able to see him again."

The first thing Han processed was how weird it was for Hyunjin to not be speaking Patherion's language. Earth language did seem to fit him well, but it would definitely take a while to get used to.

After the three sat down, an awkward silence filled the room. Lee Know, Seungmin, and IN did not know if they should ask what they wanted to. IN mouthed words to Hyunjin as inconspicuously as possible (it was obvious) What was that?

Hyunjin, even in his frazzled state, put up with his antics and mouthed back Tell you later. He answered Seungmin's raised brow with a tired look and the three stayed silent.

Changbin, however, was not going to let this one go. Changbin remembered the incident with Minho but despite himself, he wanted to push boundaries right now. He didn't know why he was feeling so irritable all of a sudden. He had told himself he wanted to give Han space, but if Hyunjin knew everything about Han then there was nothing to hide anymore right? Han and Hyunjin could both share their stories freely.

So he asked, "Speaking of, how do you guys know each other?"

Han instantly looked nervous all of a sudden, what to say? He let Hyunjin take the lead on this one.