Ch 10: Americano and Cheesecake

No One' s POV

Han left the house at 4, making his way to town. Geo knew the directions to "Take Charge", so Han didn't have to worry about getting lost, but sometimes the amount of people provided a problem for him.

He kept eyes down, if he didn't look at people, then there's no way he'd catch anyone's eye. Though the chance of someone singling Han from millions of people as an alien is practically nonexistent, the fear is annoyingly too real.

How can he be sure it's all in his head? What if he looks as out of place as he feels and it alerts someone around him? In all honesty though, that was kind of how he met Changbin, so maybe he shouldn't be too worried.

Han arrived at 4:27 and decided to wait outside for Minho. He couldn't bring himself to go inside the place. Trauma? He wouldn't call it that, just discomfort.

Han decided to sit on a bench outside the store (that was a light blue in case you were wondering) and watch the people go bye. He made sure to only look in glances, up and down in a natural rhythm.

He had now found the human device he got from the store to be quite useful, looking busy when he really wasn't. An excuse, a pardon, unconventionally but it worked. Though no one really seemed to be paying attention and Han wasn't sure whether to feel more at edge or calmer.

While Han was waiting outside, Minho was almost visibly on edge. Almost. He had a reputation to keep up and with his boss cutting his payment, Minho worked twice as hard to not mess things up more.

Minho glanced through the windows looking for Han approaching the door, nothing yet. With every bell jingle, Minho's head swerved towards the door. But so far it had never been Han. It was 4:50, 10 more minutes till closing and Minho wondered if Han ditched him.

Minho cared about the outcome of this meeting, he doesn't really know how to pursue interactions with people, but if he finds someone he likes, he doesn't want to let them go. But Han doesn't know how much this means to Minho, what if Minho is the only one who really care about this? Should he let it go?

If only Han knew, Minho always resented the absence of mind readers. The world always forced answers out of him, he wished things were always obvious, that was part of the reason he was always blunt. Maybe if he was blunt, karma would deal him the same.

The boss called telling Minho that his shift was over, with a cautious compliment to which Minho hummed semi-gratefully. He couldn't really be too thankful towards someone who could literally take away his whole life with a couple of words if they wanted to, intentionally or not.

Minho left the store, the bell jingles, and Minho guesses he'll have to let Han go.

"Oh you're done."

Minho looked to the sound of the voice. Han was there? He came? He suppressed the stupid smile that was befalling his features.

"You came?" Minho said before he could stop himself.

Han raised an eyebrow, "Yeah I said I would."

Minho internally winced, "Yeah...you didn't come in though, so I thought maybe you hadn't come,"

Han facepalmed, and Minho thought he was the stupid one, but that apparently wasn't the case.

"Oh Man! I should've texted you!" he scolded himself exasperatedly.

Minho laughed, "It's ok. We're all good now, but I have something to ask of you before we talk."

Minho swallowed after Han started at him waiting for the inquiry.