Chapter 10 - Different day / Same shit

We didn't talk about it much, the night at the motel.

Once the curtain dropped completely we ran in. The sight was horrifying. Little kids disfigured and bloody piled up on the ground. Y/n was dipped head to toe in a different substance. It wasn't blood, it was too thick, and too pale. We assumed it was the fluid of whatever curse was out there. All of the kids at the scene had been missing from the pier anytime between 10 years to 5 weeks ago. There was a lot of speculation with Y/n's involvement but they were all ruled out since some of the kids on the scene would have been her age if they'd never gone missing. As well as the preservation of their bodies. Though mutilated they all still somewhat look like themselves regardless of how much time passed. No human would have been able to do that.

Which then again raised the question. What exactly is Y/n? Shoko-sensei performed countless experiments on her by order of Gojo-sensei. They were all noninvasive and  virtually harmless. They were all to answer the question of what she is. All of the test point her away from being a curse. Human anatomy, mechanics, and morals so far as we're aware. She has no abnormalities. She's 100% human in that sense. Then began the speculation that she is a sorcerer. A deep dive into the Gojo, Zenin, Kamo and Inumaki family was unleashed. No L/n was ever even crossed paths with registered sorcerers. Y/n was the only one in her family that presumably ever came in contact with anything having to do with curses and sorcery.

So how.

How did she defeat a special grade curse?

How did she use other's cursed techniques?

How was the biggest question for all of us, but we unfortunately weren't graced with an answer. When Y/n finally woke up she was in total disarray. She was scared and upset. I told everyone to leave her alone for awhile. I just stayed and talked with her until she calmed down. She says all she remembers is seeing this creepy thing, and then she blacked out. When I asked her to describe the way it looked she did, in great detail honestly. Its height, clothing, the tone of its skin, the rows of teeth, the multitudes of little corpses entwined around its body.

The description was enough for Gojo-sensei to gather some information. It is called a Anisu curse. A rare one, but they occur. Most believe they source from bad children, but they source from bad parenting tactics. Many parents tell their children not to run off because a 'monster' will snatch them up. Negative words have so much power. That negativity at such volumes manifests a curse. This curse in particular lurs children within a 5 foot radius by calling out a familiar voice or playing nursery rhymes. When the child moves closer Anisu opens her robe and the child is absorbed into her body. The corpse of the child resurfaces as a pale mutilated body once its life force is drained. Anisu keeps the children bounded to her with a thick bloody rope.

The more children she devours.

The stronger she gets.

They tend to be rather pesky curses to deal with because they exist in the most joyous places, they use the positive energy surrounding them to mask themselves.

Gojo told Y/n nothing of this, he actually told her none of that happened. He said everyone stayed in the motel, the entire night, and the next morning she wouldn't wake up. When I questioned him about it, he said 'it was for the best'. He explained that If I did not want her involved in jujutsu that I shouldn't give her any outlets of truth. "She's far too smart Fushiguro. If you'd like to keep her safe, you must keep her in the dark." He said.

-

"Mornin Fushi-sushi. You're here early. What brings ya?" Y/n asks. "Nothing actually. I just haven't seen you in awhile." Megumi admits. "Yeah when my mom came back I had a lot of - chores to do. Couldn't even open the shop for two days." She says. "Yea, It's lonely back on campus without you." Megumi says. "That makes me kinda happy. I thought everyone would think I was a lunatic after that dream I had." She says. Megumi winces, just bringing it up triggers bad memories.