" Where's Aanu?" Frank asked.

"She will join us soon, can we start". Ifeoma said.

********

            Simultaneously, Irene was in the small room thinking about her brother, her fiance and her friends. She has thought about them and also who could be behind her suffering.

"She's crying again". Mayowa said as he entered with food tray.

Irene smiled then she wiped off her tears.

"Why won't I . I miss my people and I don't even know why I'm suffering like this". She said.

"You have not really thought of who could be behind this kidnapping". Mayowa said as he placed the food on a small stool.

"I was initially thinking of Ifeoma, she has gone through a lot in previous marriage. But she can't possibly be doing this out of jealousy. Irene said.

"You need to eat you know, so you can be agile for your family when you leave this place". Mayowa gave her a spoon.

"How did you end up cooking for this criminals? This food is so delicious, you can have your own restaurant and it will be awesome". Irene said.

"I needed the money, the restaurant is not going to start with mouth only. Mayowa said.

"How much do they pay you? She asked.

"Fifty thousand naira every two months. I need it to take care of my family as well". Mayowa replied.

Irene dropped her spoon, then she moved closer to him.

"Can you report them to the police and I will pay the sum of three million naira. You can start up a business". Irene said.

"When you are done, please knock". He then walked out.

Irene looked at the door Sadly.

********

The loud knock on the door brought Frank back to reality he was already deep in thought. He was also hearing some people arguing outside. He checked the time to see that it was already past 9 in the night.

He stood up lazily on his sofa to open the door.

"Oga, I told her to come back tomorrow o". The gateman said.

"It's okay. Aanu you can come in". Frank said.

Aanu hissed as she entered.

"Aanu, it's late, why are you here". Frank asked immediately he closed the door.

"You told me to be here now. You sent me a text". Aanu replied.

"Aanu, the meeting was by 2pm now. We've ended the meeting". Frank said still standing.

"Ohh, I didn't know. You won't believe I didn't even know that there was a time there. I just wanted to be here immediately I was free". Aanu said.

"It's okay. You can spend the night here, it's late,  the guest room is over there". He pointed at the room at the right side of the living room. "Goodnight". Then he began to walk out of her presence.

"You won't keep me company?" Aanu asked.

"Get yourself some snacks in the kitchen". Frank said without looking back.

Aanu hissed then she murmured before walking towards the guest room.

*********

Aanu turned on her bed for what seem like a hundredth time, thinking of how she could satisfy herself. She decided to have a cold shower. Entering the bathroom she looked around then she thought of an Idea. She turned off the tap smiling.

Frank woke up hastily. He heard the scream again and he stood up quickly then he rushed to the guest room.

"Aanu, what's the problem?" He asked so concerned.

"I had a terrible dream and it's scary. They must not kill Irene". Aanu said breathing heavily.

Frank released his breath then he sat beside her.

"She's not going to die, everything is going to be fine". He tapped her on her shoulder. "I know you are thinking about her a lot, but keep all Negative thought away and she will be fine, you will also be fine". Frank said.

Aanu blinked twice then she nodded.

"Okay, go back to bed it's fine". Frank said as he stood up.

"Don't leave me alone. I'm scared". She said shaking.

"I'm sorry, I can't stay with you. I have a lot to cover tomorrow. Please excuse me". He walked out.

"What type of man is this for Christ sake. Oh God". She yelled out of frustration.

Who rejects three million?
And who saw what Aanu wanted to do there. Hmmm🤐.

Read, comment and vote. Thanks.