Chapter 13

It was already eleven and Yokota still hadn't answered your text about where to go eat.

Ugh, I woke up early for this too. You sighed and rested your head on the couch arm, taking a look at your phone. There were two unread messages from an unknown number.

------------------------------------------------

Unknown: HEY!

Unknown: you're going on that date today right

You: is this K

Unknown: yep

Unknown: did you not save my number

------------------------------------------------

Oh, I guess I didn't. You had a name in mind for him, though.

------------------------------------------------

You: nono i saved it

Weirdo in the coffee shop: good

Weirdo in the coffee shop: wait

Weirdo in the coffee shop: it's something stupid isnt it

You: :)

Weirdo in the coffee shop: shouldve known

Weirdo in the coffee shop: anyway enjoy the arcade today

You: what did i tell you about spoiling the story

Weirdo in the coffee shop: :P

------------------------------------------------

"What the hell?" Ai suddenly emerged from her room wearing a large T-shirt and shorts. "Why are you up?"

"Lunch with a friend. He hasn't responded to my messages though."

"Mannn..." Ai flopped down on the seat next to you. "You've gotta be special (Y/N). How do you always manage to get these dates?"

"You just gotta talk to people. Or, I guess people just gotta talk to you." You pushed yourself off the couch. "I'm just lucky I'm always at the right place at the right time." As if on cue, there was a knock on the door as soon as you stood up.

Ai immediately rushed to open the door and froze as it revealed Yokota in a bomber jacket and jeans. Rings adorned his fingers, which you noticed as he lowered his hand from the door. Despite the bouquet of multicolored roses in his hands, the boy's face held a serious expression.

"Hello, is (L/N)-san home?" He gave a slight tilt of the head, looking down at Ai's shorter stature. She still stood there frozen, until a large blush covered her face.

"Y-yes! I'm (L/N)!" She gave him a large smile and pulled Yokota inside. "Make yourself at home!" She took the bouquet from him and ran off to the kitchen for a pot of water. Yokota gave her a confused look and took off his shoes at the entrance.

"Hm, my sister seems quite taken with you." Yokota jumped at the sound of your voice, almost dropping his shoes.

"(L-L/N)-san. Hello, how are you today?"

"Could be better. A certain someone never responded to my messages and showed up at my door without warning." You crossed your arms, giving him a little huff of annoyance.

"I'm sorry. I had to make a stop somewhere for my mom. She needed something."

"All good. Just tell me next time." He tugged at his sleeve and nodded.