Sasuke and Naruto halloween heist part 3

Comincia dall'inizio

Perfect!

"Now, what did I miss?" Sasuke mumbled to himself, grabbing a mouse and quickly clicking through all the security footage.

The footage showed everything that had happened previously. Where Hinata, Sakura and Neji hid the cummerbund under the server.

And then Kakashi cleverly uses his trained dog to avoid the laser alarms and get the belt from under the servers.

However, Sasuke noticed something strange.

Kakashi Hatake walks back into the precinct with a different dog than the one that was shown in the footage.

Just then, Naruto sneezed lightly.

"Bless you" Sasuke mumbled unconsciously. It clicked. "Allergies! It was Naruto who took the damn dog, and therefore the belt"

Naruto casually slipped the belt into a safe under his desk, shutting it and returning to his paperwork before anyone would notice.

Except for one person, who was watching his every move through a security camera behind him.

"I've got you now darling" Sasuke mumbled.

He kissed his finger and presses it to the Naruto that appeared on the security camera before darting off to wrap up his plan. He took a deep breath and rushed to the locker room.

The conclusion was coming sooner and sooner and Sasuke found himself trembling with excitement? Fear? Anticipation? Maybe all.

He couldn't think about it too much. He forced his work locker open, causing a bunch of familiar trash to fall to the floor.

He grabbed the locker with both hands to stabilize himself as he took a moment to breathe and realize just what he was getting into. After this night, it was very possible both him and Naruto's futures would change forever. He sure hoped it would mean for the better.

His knuckles started to pale before Sasuke finally let go of his locker and started digging through the mess for the next objects of his plan. He grabbed a long black robe with orange clouds stitched on it along with an orange spiral mask face. He shoved this disguise into his arms before reaching into his locker yet again.

This time he grabbed a small black box. He opened it to make sure everything was still there. Satisfied, he tucked the box into his pocket and rushed off to change into his disguise.

After getting the disguise on, he texted Obito, who was already aware of his important role in this next phase.

*

The bullpen was quiet when Kakashi returned. Too quiet. The captain strolled back into the precinct, the little traitor of a dog in tow, he eyed Naruto, who just smiled back innocently.

In the distance, Sakura and Hinata whispered something to each other.

Usually everyone was very open to each other. Always speaking their minds, and offering advice and concern for one another, they held a strong bond that was unshakeable.

There is only one day a year where they're exempt from such a standard. The 31st of October.

Halloween was a time of suspicion, betrayal, lies and secrets. Such an unusual time, really. On the positive side, it was an unspoken rule to always forget and move past the things they do or say to each other on this day.

Suddenly smoke filled the break room. The smoke started seeping out from under the door. Neji immediately jumped up after seeing Hinata react and turned around to see exactly what the youngest Hyuuga was staring at.

"What's going on? Who's doing something?" Neji practically growled, looking over at his cousin who just looked equally as confused.

Naruto cautiously took a step closer to his desk, his fingers just brushing the edge of it.

Kakashi didn't take notice of this. Or if he did, he never said anything. Instead, the door to the room swung open, and a bunch of people wearing black robes with orange cloud designs on it, and orange spiral masks left the room in an organized single file line. Eerie music played as the fog seeped into the before clear room.

The people walked along in a line. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing and where they were going. "Who's doing this?" Naruto had to step out of the way to dodge as a certain person shoved past him to continue the line.

Naruto caught sight of familiar spiky black hair from behind the weird orange spiral mask. He immediately reached out and grabbed this person. The mysterious 'stranger' didn't seem to react, as if he was expectinging the detective's reaction.

"Caught ya" Naruto started. He reached the hand that wasn't holding onto the figure and pulled the mask off, revealing a very familiar face. "Sasuke Uchiha"

Sasuke's smirk grew, earning Naruto's temporary confusion. "Of course, it's all going according to his plan"

"Everyone else in a black robe like mine, get out" Sasuke spoke. The fog had started to dissipate minutes before, and the music had stopped. The actual strangers obeyed, leaving the main ensemble on their own.

"So what? You wanted to steal the key to my safe, and take the championship belt?" Naruto asked, letting go of Sasuke'srobe. "Sorry baby but you won't be able to get that far."

"You might want to adjust your criticism foxy" Sasuke reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. Naruto at first, but then he narrowed his eyes slightly at the raven haired man before reaching down into his shoe, and pulling out his actual key.

"My key was inside my shoe this whole time" Naruto used the key he held to tilt the other detective's face towards him, the key lightly resting on his chin. Detective Uchiha gulped slightly, a small blush threatening to creep up on his face.

Truly this night brings out the hidden sides of everyone.

Sasuke leaned slightly closer, staring intently at his partner. Deep blue eyes meeting glaring black ones. "Well, let's see whose key works, then" He whispers.

Naruto happily obliged, with a smile on his face. He crouched down beside the safe that was tucked carefully underneath his desk. The other detectives in the room moved closer to Sasuke so they could see exactly how this played out.

He shoved the key into the slot. "See?fits like a glove" Naruto smugly said

"I'm not the same dumb blond from when we were in the academy Sasuke--from now on I'll always be one step ahead of you" He looks back up at Sasuke,that smile still plastered on his face.

However, when he tried to unlock the safe, the key didn't turn.

Panic set in again as he desperately kept trying to turn it. Sasuke chuckled darkly. "You were saying?"

Realizing what had just happened Naruto felt his cheeks flush in embarrassment, his smile quickly disappearing.