SAN JUU NANA

Days pass by faster than they should

And every time you give me life

I also wish that I could do the same for you

Your POV

"So, what is going to happen from now on?" Dazai's question is the same I have been struggling with for these last three months. And, although the answer is far away from my reach, I still can listen to my heart and tell him all I know.

"I've finally found out most part of the story... Enough to know I can no longer do this on my own. Even when I am not under threat anymore, at least for the time being." Meanwhile I am speaking, Dazai's bare hands go down my spine, caressing my exposed skin and each of the scars on my back.

"What have you discovered, then?" his tone is not a surprised or shocked one, but I presume it is because he is still focused on my body, on my new scars, on the old ones... And so am I with him and each of his textures.

I turn around to face him, gently placing my hand on his freshly bandaged side, moving it up towards his chest with care, then rubbing the side of his sensitive neck. He flinches, and I pull my hand to his cheek, caressing it with my thumb. When our eyes meet, he does the same to me.

"The Book is an item capable of destroying reality by writing a story in it. Its power is activated as long as the narration makes sense, and right afterwards a chain of disastrous events will occur before the ultimate end. With just a page they still can cause a lot of damage to Yokohama and the rest of the world. However, there is a key piece that they are missing: a weretiger. Taking into consideration the situation, the weretiger is highly probable an ability user, just like me. One that I need to find first and either kill or secure." With that, I stand up and walk towards the wardrobe, beginning to pick out the clothes I will be wearing. "To sum up, our time is limited because, once they have both the page and the weretiger, their plan will succeed and they'll build a world of chaos. That is why I am going to the Agency with you today, Dazai. I need to talk to the President."

"And what have you planned to do with the Port Mafia?"

"I cannot leave it. Not yet." The image of Chuuya comes to my mind, and I can't help but remember our last encounter, right before he left to the southern part of the country. He seemed so broken and tired of everything... yet he somehow managed to smile through that and confess what he felt. "There's something I need to solve first."

Right after I finish explaining everything, he comes next to me and hugs me from behind, slightly biting my neck before kissing it. I wince, startled yet pleased by his affectionate touch, which erases the bitter taste in my mouth, and button up my shirt, closing my eyes afterwards, right before starting to comb his curly hair, hearing a groan of satisfaction coming from his soft lips.

"I love you, Dazai." I whisper to his ear as I take a deep breath, capturing the whole essence of the moment. "Please don't let me do this alone. Not anymore. The loner I try to be, the weaker I grow. And right now, I have to be strong..."

He puts on his coat and, after having dressed up, he cups my face and lifts it, placing a kiss on my forehead.

"As I told you, I am not going anywhere anytime soon." Without more room for words, he gets hold of my hand and, intertwining my fingers with his, he smiles in satisfaction, his cheeks turning pink. "And there's no way I am letting you go. You'll be stuck with the authentic and charming Osamu Dazai!!" He proudly states, pulling me closer and slowly melting my heart.

You'd better keep that promise, Dazai. Because it's the only thing I could ask for.

...

The exact instant I step into the Armed Detective Agency, Kunikida appears right in front of us, lifting an eyebrow and looking at me with mistrust. His gaze rapidly switches to Dazai, who walks casually next to him and wraps his arm around his shoulder.