Chapter 15: Because Family Matters

Start from the beginning

After that, I paused for a moment and turned my head around to look over at the younger Shiba siblings.

"Hakkai, Yuzuha... Listen to me very carefully...." I stated, gaining their attention before I looked away from them and glanced back at the fighting ring again. "I know what it feels like to have shitty family members. I know what it feels like to lose both of your parents and become an orphan. I know, I understand, even though our family situations are completely different. Sure unlike yours, my brothers never abused me, but because of their acts and behavior, I had to suffer as well. It sucks, I know. But also at the same time, it wasn't completely their fault for how they turned out to be like what they're now. I understand their situation, I understand where they're coming from. Back then when I was younger, I actually never hated my brothers, but then at the same time, I also didn't love them or see them as my family. But in the past few years, it slowly started to change for me. I became more mature and understanding. I started to grow and love my brothers. I don't know if they love me back or not, but I don't think about it too much and it doesn't bother me at all. Ran and Rindo are my family. That's the fact and I accepted it a long time ago. It's the truth that I can't change or deny. So I finally stopped myself from running away from the truth and reality. But just because they're my family doesn't mean they and I are the same people. We're completely different from each other. Every moment I try my best to become someone better than those two. That doesn't mean I hate them. I love them but I won't be like them... And the same goes for both of you as well..."

I again turned back to face the younger Shiba siblings and flashed out a warm smile toward them.

"You guys can love or hate Taiju whatever you want, that's on you to decide. But never turn out to be like him. You guys are your own people. You've your own identity and individuality. You guys can differentiate what's right and wrong. Just because you're blood-related to him doesn't mean you're bounded to be like him or obey him like slaves for the rest of your life. Be the better person. Become someone different. Become someone other than Taiju Shiba." I added and hearing this the oldest Shiba scoffed at me with displeasure.

"Don't fucking try to brainwash my siblings right in front of me, Osaki." he threatened me in a dark tone but I remained completely unfazed.

"I'm not brainwashing them. I'm just simply giving them life lessons." I responded back nonchalantly with a shrug before standing up from my seat. "Okay, that's it. Let's take our leave for today, Toman."

"Huh? This early?" Takemichi asked in confusion.

"The Haitani brothers just won this fight. Are they not gonna participate in another around?" Chifuyu asked and I chuckled at him in response.

"Nah. Ran and Rindo are maybe strong but they're too lazy to participate in another fight, especially Ran. Besides, this fight club is kinda boring for them. They're more of a type to love fighting in open spaces like streets and such. So come on, let's go now. I wanna say 'hello' to them before they leave..." I stated before looking back at the Black Dragons one last time. "We'll take our leave now. It was nice seeing you all today."

And with that, my friends and I walked out from the spot and came out of the building.

I hope my words reached you, Hakkai... You're way better than your brother... So don't go off and end up murdering him... Whatever the situation might be, just don't give up hope so easily...

"Nana..." a familiar masculine voice spoke up softly from my side which belonged to Mitsuya. "Did you do all of this for Hakkai and Yuzuha...?"

His words brought a small smile to my face.

"Yeah, you can say that..." I replied with a shrug.

"But why...? It was quite clear that you didn't want anyone to know about your relationship with the Haitani brothers. Then why did you do this?" he questioned again, furrowing his eyebrows at me.