[1] Desire

...

Rules of The Desire Grand Prix

The moment you receive an ID Core and Desire Driver, it's a one-way trip.

There Is No Turning Back.

...

       Inside a large vast room, a young woman wearing a black and white dress stood on a floating platform. She stared at a large holographic screen showing multiple symbols and 'Vacants.' The room's large window shutters pulled up, light flooding the room as it was revealed that they floated above a Japanese city. "The First mission approaches," The woman stated. "They will most likely transition to full-scale assaults soon."

"Is the Desire Grand Prix fully operational yet?" A modulated voice asked from one of the panels.

The woman tapped an app on her tablet and the vacant signs began rapidly changing like slot machines. "I wonder who will become the Desire Deity of this World?" She pondered as the randomization stopped on multiple names

"You've found the candidates?"

"Of course, the game never ends." She said cheerfully as she reached into the screen and pulled out a box with a black and purple color scheme to it.

       The pattering of rain drowned out the noise. It drowned the red in the alley as he swung down on a villain, reports of street-level villains terrorizing people, so he took matters into his own hands. The blood-stained his shoes and pants with each impact. He could feel his grip loosen every so often on the pipe. Next to his feet was one of them, he was trying to kidnap a child but luckily he got there in time, of course, the child ran off long ago, but he wasn't going to let him off easy. They always do. So he might as well leave a reminder of what happens.

Tarou threw down the pipe and picked up the villain by his collar, "Do you understand what will happen next time?" He asked.

"Yes! Yes! I promise I won't do it again, please just let me live!" The villain cried. His life was in his hands.

"Good," Tarou growled as he picked up the villain and tossed him into a dumpster. He stumbled out of the alleyway and let the rain cleanse his mind. He stood underneath the street lamp and threw down his mask, spitting out blood. He was fairly tall with fair skin, his hair was purple was pink highlights. Looking around he saw a diverse array of people: A woman with nine tails was carrying bags of clothing, there was a big lobster leaving the gym, hell there was a person with three arms.

All of these changes were caused by one thing.

Quirks.

A Quirk is a special, superhuman ability an individual can possess. Quirks are generally unique to their user and are classified in multiple categories. The idea of superhuman abilities fifty years ago would have sounded outlandish, but now they're the everyday norm. These 'Quirks' are like a lottery system, unique to every person regardless of nationality or race. Classified into categories depending on how they affect you. Apparently, the first Quirk was derived from a newborn baby in the Chinese city of QingQing. This baby had the unique ability to emit light from its body. After this, people around the world began manifesting unique abilities.

The Quirk Phenomenon cause is still unknown to this day. Currently, 80% of this world has been born with a Quirk. The remaining 20%? Yeah, not so lucky. Every day, Quirkless civilians are often looked down upon by those who have Quirks. Of course, this behavior flattens out mostly when they mature out of it. Mostly. As full-grown adults still have the audacity to harass and bully those without special powers.