Chapter 4- Lyla?

Narrator POV:

"Lyla." Heatwave said. "That femme over there is named Lyla." "Lyla?" Asked Cody. "Yep." Answered Heatwave. Cody looked at the picture. "Were you and the other bots childhood friends?" Cody asked. "Yep." "Do they know who 'Lyla' is?" "Correct." "Is that why they won't bother to help?" "Correct. They think they can't help because of some reasons." "Who's she to you?" Cody questioned. Heatwave took the picture and put it in his drawer again. "You're not getting that information yet, kid." Heatwave answered. "I need to go anyways... It's my bead time and I have school tomorrow." Cody stated. "See you later!" "Bye... Don't tell anyone about the picture unless it's my team or any of the bots in the photo." Heatwave said. "I won't!" Cody ended.

                                     Later:

Heatwave was watching Boulder paint. Cody was sitting on Heatwave's shoulder, again. It didn't take Chase long to figure out what Cody was trying to do. He is very observant after all. Chase walked in and observed everyone. "Cody." He finally spoke. "What?" Cody responded. "We need to talk in the room over there." The police bot stated, pointing to a room. "Okay?" Cody said.

The young boy followed Chase to a nearby room. Cody was confused but knew by Chase's emotions, that it was slightly serious. "According to my research and your actions these past few weeks, you're trying to figure out what's wrong with our leader, Heatwave." Chase stated. "Yeah. He apparently knows someone named 'Lyla'." Cody said. Chase looked directly into Cody's eyes. "Lyla is someone he used to know. Someone we all knew. Everybot in the picture knew her too." "How did you know about the picture?" Cody asked. "I heard you talking to him last night and I also heard you say everybot who was in the picture." Chase stated calmly. "You were eavesdropping?!" Cody was surprised.

"No. I walked past his room, making one final check that everyone was safe, and heard you say the names. I'm going to try and help with getting his mental health better, even though everybot in the picture already knows what's wrong." Chase said. "So you know how to help him...?" Cody asked the police bot. "Correct and incorrect at the same time. I know the cause of the problem, but not the answer. Our best option though, is to be comforting to him. If we go straight to the point, then he will be 83% less likely to tell us." Chase stated. "Alright." Cody ended the conversation.

Little did Chase and Cody know, there were two others listening from outside the room. "We need to move before they come out...!" The adult femme whispered to her sparkling. "I know, carrier!" The youngling whispered back. The two ran out of the hallway, going to find Heatwave. Chase still heard them but knew that their intentions are to help. 'They are closer to Heatwave then the rest of us, so those two might just be able to help...' Chase thought to himself.

Will I ever see you again, Lyla?