"hey, the best friend is not complaining. and if he doesn't like you back then he's a dumbass. come on, breakfast is ready" eddie poured the orange juice into two glasses and slid the grilled sandwiches on the table.

they both sat by the isle opposite each other and ate their breakfast in silence, only sparing a few glances and shy smiles.

they cleaned the kitchen and packed their stuff before steve drove eddie home to change into some fresh clothes. he offered him his own but eddie wasn't to sure about the fact that steves pants would probably slid down on him in the middle of the hallway.

wayne wasn't sleeping yet since he had a longer shift so eddie chatted with him for a bit as steve just awkwardly stood by him.

"so steve, you guys friends again?" he was leaning back on the counter as he started at steve. his look wasn't to intimidating, steve knew wayne pretty well but eddie couldn't help giggle at how embarrassed steve looked.

"uh yeah" he was rubbing his forearm as eddie leaned on the isle enjoying steve being so squirmy. but he did look slightly nervous so he opted to holding steves hand under the isle where wayne couldn't see. he knew he wouldn't say anything but it might be a little weird.

steve seemed to relax a little at the touch and squeezed eddies hand. "that's cool" wayne nodded as he drank a glass of water "been missing having you around. you make eddie happy." eddie glared at his uncle who just shrugged. "he makes me happy too" steve said as he smiled, rubbing the back of eddies hand.

eddie loved the idea of making steve happy. it has been less than a week since they still hated each other and he just loves just how fast they got back into their friendship.

they talked for a while longer before they had to leave for school and wayne to sleep so they got into the car and drove off.

...

the day had mostly gone well. after class the gay trio had another study session but this time eddie didn't sleep over saying it would be best if he went home after a while. steve pouted at him as he rode on his bike that has been laying there since tuesday.

and even though eddie loved being with steve he needed some alone time. to think a little, maybe talk to wayne a more, write some stuff for dnd, work on his music, he had a lot to catch up on.

and he didn't mind it, he enjoyed the little break, some quiet was nice. not to say he didn't enjoy steves chatter, he adored it and for the day that he didn't get to hear it, he was missing it a lot. but it helped him to focus on his stuff.

he also got a call to the house phone from the boss of the family video store saying he got the job and to discuss a few more stuff before agreeing to start monday. he highfived himself and got a beer from the fridge then tried to finish one of his songs.

sleeping alone after so many nights with steve felt quite weird. the bed was oddly empty, cold even and eddie had to pile his blanket up to create a makeshift person so he could hug it. he felt quite pathetic for it, embarrassed that he had to do it but he truly couldn't fall asleep without steve. he wondered if the other felt the same as well.

and when he woke up the next day the bed felt just as empty and cold. he felt like crying but knew he'd see steve in like two hours so he just got ready.

he figured the warm days of the spring had ended since he had to go back inside to grab a jacket to throw over himself before catching a bus ride to the school. he missed driving with steve, listening to music and steve screaming the lyrics at the top of his lungs.

but all was good when a pair of hands wrapped around his shoulders, a warm body pressing at his back. he immediately knew who it was and smiled widely before turning around to face steve. he smiled widely as they hugged tightly.