slow dancing in the dark .03

cw // drug use

nini;

the one thing that sucked about getting drunk the fastest meant getting sober the fastest too.

ellie and gina said we're were working tonight but the two girls didn't even know what was going on half the time. i glanced over at red and ashlyn. the two red heads were attempting to sing karaoke but gibberish was the only thing that escaped their mouths. of course, gina and ellie were applauding them on the side.

"ENCORE! ENCORE!" gina yelled as i got up from the couch. ashlyn and red argued over which song they should sing next.

i walked past the four of them made my way upstairs. everyone's conversations overfilled my ears as i tried to open a few doors before i finally landed on the bathroom. i locked the door and sat on top of the counter.

i heard "slow dancing in the dark" start to play through the door. it was muffled but i can get a good ear of it because of how loud the speakers were. i heard soft rain patter on the window and a soft smile escaped my lips. i felt lonely but somehow relieved at the same time.

i glanced at myself in the mirror and realized how shitty i looked. once again, despair entered my soul.

moment: ruined.

i quickly looked away from my reflection and grabbed a lighter from my pocket. i played with the lighter in my hand, rubbing my thumb over the engraving. it was my moms' and i always kept it with me at all times.

i held the blunt in between my lips as i lit it up. i sucked in a breath before slowly exhaling out. my eyes began to close as i pointed the smoke down to my lap. my shoulders finally relaxed and i listened to the music playing downstairs.

ricky;

my head was finally starting to clear up once i realized how many people were watching me. i couldn't understand what anyone was saying but they were all bombarding me with questions about my career or personal life.

"ricky! take another shot!!"

"hey! can you give me a shout out on instagram?!"

"ricky! take a selfie with us!!"

"why'd you leave la?"

"do you have a new girlfriend? are you single??"

i looked around to find my friends but didn't see any of them. i glanced at the people swarming me. they were all starting to push themselves onto me and i felt myself get uncomfortable.

"uh.." i started to say but didn't really know what i was trying to communicate. it was all overwhelming. i quickly stepped out of the circle and ran upstairs. i can hear some of them trying to follow me around the house and i frantically tried to open each door.

"hey! do you know where the bathroom is?!" i asked some random dude. he gave me a questioning look before pointing at a white door down the hallway.

i ran down the hallway and attempted to hide in the bathroom but it was locked. i let out a sigh and turned my head to see the fans searching the floor for me. i faced the door again and jiggled the door knob.

"I'M IN HERE," i heard a girl yell with annoyance.

i rolled my eyes and banged on the door, "okay?! well can you please hurry up? it's an emergency!"

"find another bathroom then," i heard the girl say behind the door. i groaned and noticed the fans get closer. i banged on the door even more.

"I CAN'T!" i frantically yelled and twisted the door knob over and over again. i heard footsteps get closer then the door swung open, revealing a familiar face. i got taken aback and let out a sigh of relief, "....nini salazar-roberts?"