S3 »Attack Titan

Start from the beginning

The painful memory of just seeing his wife turn into a Titan made him feel a lump in his throat as he attempted to grab onto the shirt of Kruger's collar and shriek.

[Grisha]: Answer me! Why did you let only me live?!..-The action caused Grisha's fingerless fingers to start to bleed more. Kruger just stared down at him, no expression changing-

[Kruger]: Enough. Don't your fingers hurt?..-He questioned-

[Grisha]: Thanks so much for your concern!..-Grisha let out a breathy chuckle and a sarcastic smile, his left eye twitching- You don't seem to care so much when you were chopping them off!..-Grisha leaned close to him, his smile dropping as his eyebrows furrowed- Well?! If you had gone on a rampage as your Titan sooner, wouldn't the others not be Titans right now?! What was the whole point of letting them become Titans?!...

Suddenly, Kruger falls to his knees, making Grisha flinch and back away.

[M/n]: Eren!..-She kneels to his level to see Kruger panting as his nose started bleeding again- Eren...

[Grisha]: What's wrong? You look pale..-The brunet trailed off when Kruger spoke-

[Kruger]: It wasn't just fellow patriots..-Sadness can be seen in his eyes- I've severed thousands of fingers from Subjects of Ymir...I also used my wife as a blood bag... and made them into Titans. Women and children, too...-He looks up at Grisha- All while believing it was for the sake of Eldia...

Grisha didn't know what to say. His eyes were so wide and his eyes were twitching at this information. Kruger continues to let out small pants.

[Kruger]: I don't have much time, Grisha...-He muttered- I'm entrusting you with the final task. Not anyone else. Just you...-Kruger went to wipe the blood off with the back of his hand while Grisha pursed his lips and narrowed his eyebrows, slightly nodding-

After the two got themselves situated and sat down, Kruger propped his arm on his knee and went to wipe his nose again with the handkerchief and started explaining to the man next to him.

[Kruger]: That day... The day I first met you..-He lowered his right arm once he wiped the blood off him again- if none of that had happened, you wouldn't have festered enough hatred of Marley to come this far...

[Grisha]: Is that... the reason you chose me?..-Grisha asked, eyebrows raised-

[Kruger]: That's part of it. The country... Your father... Yourself... The hate in your eyes was enough to burn the world to ashes...-He looked away and down at his lap- I was once like that, too... The royal family that stayed behind formed a revolution. My father was part of it. However, they accomplished nothing at all... and were burned alive...

Kruger can remember the painful memories of his family being burnt alive. He was hiding in a closet, peeking through the door as he listened to their screams while the Marleyan Soldiers just stared at the big pile of fire.

[Kruger]: I was so young, all I could do was peek through the closet door and watch. Ever since then, I've sworn revenge on Marley and the revival of Eldia. But all I managed to do is cut the fingers off my fellow patriots, kick them off this wall, and turn them into Titans. It's because of the things I've done that my true identity was never discovered...

[Kruger]: I'm no different than I was little. Perhaps I'm still looking at the world through a crack from the closet..-Grisha remained quiet for a moment. He tore his gaze away from him and glanced down at his lap-