The Fall of Apollo Justice

~~~~

April 3rd, 2027

???

~~~~

"Thank you, Wright, for being able to meet on such short notice."

"Of course, Miles. What's the occasion?"

"I have someone I'd like you to meet. Kay?"

Edgeworth's twenty-six year old daughter stepped out from behind the corner, a ginger peeked out from behind her. She was only about an inch shorter than Kay, but seemed worlds smaller.

"This is Doctor Cykes."

"I didn't realize she was already in the country."

"Her visa arrived a little earlier than expected. Her caretaker and I decided it might be best to get her into the country early and let her settle. She's quite gun-shy." He turned towards the two young women. "Athena? Would you like to meet your new boss?"

Athena stepped closer. The first thing Phoenix noticed on her was the strange, frightened looking necklace. Once she was close, her head threw up and gaze hardened. That's when he noticed the strange scar circling her throat like a collar.

"She's one of Franziska's rescues, and the missing witness from the Blackquill case. A seasoned fighter both in and out of court."

"Really? I didn't know Von Karma was involved."

"Ever since the crackdown on illegal entertainment began, they've had a flood of people, mainly children, come into Interpol custody. Of course, because she was seized by Interpol, I've had some trouble finding a residence for her. Typically, I would have offered her the spare bedroom but, she's... afraid of Pess."

"Afraid of your dog? He wouldn't hurt a fly."

"She's afraid of dogs, large ones especially."

"She's got a pit history!" Kay blurted, clasping a hand over her mouth.

"Oh."

"As you can see, it's detrimental to her health for her to live with us, considering her history. Pess is currently boarded for his own safety, but it would be in his best interest to relocate Doctor Cykes as quickly as possible."

"There's the back room of the office. It wouldn't be ideal permanently, but it would let you bring Pess home, and it'd give her plenty of space."

"What do you think, Athena? Would you like to go with Mr. Wright in a few weeks?"

She wouldn't look up at him, but bowed her head even more. "Of course, sir."

Phoenix knelt down to her hidden height. "Well, I'm excited to work with you, Athena. My daughter, Trucy, is so excited to meet you."

Her head sunk even further into her shoulders, if that was even possible, and spoke in a hushed, rushed voice. "I won't let you down. I'll make you see my worth, sir." Finally, she looked up at him. "You won't regret me."