Together and Stronger

~~~~

~~~~

It was Professor Means. It had always been Professor Means.

He took the bribes.

He encouraged the forged evidence.

He murdered Professor Courte.

It was all him.

He'd gone after her too. Had Apollo not been on the ball, had the Themis seniors not been willing, he would have won.

It wasn't his final casualty though. She was hit once more while leaving the courtroom. A loyalist student of his went after her. At first it was just verbal, hurling insults about her hypocritical actions, how dare she as a psychopath deem anyone else unfit for the legal world.

Simon had tried to defend her, but Fulbright electrocuted her beloved uncle to keep him in line.

When the loyalist began showing signs that physical harm might come to Athena, Apollo socked her in the jaw. The bailiff allowed it.

Before the threat could stand back up, Apollo escorted Athena out of the courtroom with the help of two bailiffs from adjoining courtrooms. She was frightened, but not a hair on her had been harmed.

Trucy thought Apollo decking someone was the coolest thing ever. Apollo was remiss about it, correcting in that 'let's not discuss this further' tone of his that it was only done in defense and he'd weighed all other options before raising his fist. Much later on, Prosecutor Blackquill would commend him for not being afraid to defend her from violence, but the prosecutor was already back in his cell for the day.

Apollo hadn't let go of her until she was back on her air mattress in the extra room of the Wright Anything Agency. Normally, the office door was unlocked during business hours. After Athena was nearly assaulted in the courthouse; however, the door was instantly locked after the party returned.

It was honestly a miracle they still attended the last night of the festival.

~~~~

"T-Thena! You came!"

"Of course, Junie! I wouldn't miss your performance for the world!"

"But the attack earlier-!"

"¡No hay problema! One freak accident is nothing." She flashed a peace sign. "Tonight is being held in Professor Courte's memory, so I suspect no rabid crazies!"