It was Annie, and he had a dejected expression plastered on her face. She was panting heavily as Reiner's hand slips off Marco's mouth. He doesn't hesitate to yell at her, begging her.

[Marco]: Annie! Help me out!..-Annie's eyebrows furrow as she looks between Reiner and Bertolt-

[Annie]: What's this all about?..

[Marco]: Reiner's acting crazy! Help me!..-He continues to plead while Reiner looks up at her-

[Reiner]: He heard our conversation. We can't let him live...

Her face drains of color and she begins sweating hard. She forms a big frown with sad eyes as she utters. 

[Annie]: You're shitting me... You asshole!..-Marco just stared helplessly at her-

[Marco]: What?..

But then the sound of a Titan's footsteps were heard. The three Titan Shifters all look at the Titan not too far from them, making Bertolt shriek.

[Bertolt]: A Titan! It's coming this way!..

[Reiner]: Annie! Take off Marco's ODM gear!..-Annie stares at him with disbelief, her shoulders sagging while Reiner continues to yell- Do it, fast!..-Annie begins to panic-

[Annie]: Why... do I have to?..

[Reiner]: Back there, you risked your life for Connie, didn't you? Why did you put yourself in danger? Have you become attached to this evil race or something? if I'm wrong, prove it to me right now! If you, and your father waiting for you to come home, are any different than this filthy race, prove it right now!..-Reiner narrows his gaze-

[Bertolt]: Reiner! It's almost on top of us!...

[Reiner]: Annie!!..

Annie contemplates but soon gives in as she clenched her teeth and kneeled and began removing Marco's gear. The poor boy begins to sob and lets out a heartwrenching scream.

[Marco]: Stop it! Annie! Don't do this! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why do this?! Annie!..-Those words struck her and she abruptly stops, staring at Marco with a grim look-

[Reiner]: This is what makes us warriors. Annie, you did well...

Marco's eyes then widen when he remembers when he and the three were on the roof together with Annie asking Reiner a question.

[Annie]: Reiner. What now?..

[Reiner]: Not yet. We have to let them gather first..

[Marco]: I see... They were waiting for all the Titans to gather...

Annie soon removes the ODM gear off and tosses it through the window next to them. The three Titan Shifters then run to the edge and fly off while Marco watches them leave him to his death.

[Marco]: Wait..-He notices Bertolt look over his shoulder as he laid there on the roof, tears still streaming down his face- Why? What are you such in a hurry for?! We haven't... even... had a chance to talk this through!..I want to live!!...

He lets out an unbearable scream as the three lands on a roof and turns around to see the Titan had finally appeared and had picked Marco up. They watch the Titan bring him close to its mouth as Marco continued to let out terrified screams, eyes full of tears as he tries to push himself away from its mouth.

[Marco]: I want to live!!...

Annie can feel her eyes start to gloss as Bertolt's and Reiner's eyes widen and their mouth drops. The Titan begins to eat half of his body. Annie begins to cry her body shaking and looks away from the gruesome sight while the boys watch.

[Reiner]: Hey... Why..-They hear Reiner start speaking as Annie and Bertolt look at him. Bertolt's eyes widen, little tears edging his eyes when he sees Reiner's face falls with tears on his- ...is Marco... getting eaten?..

›–––––––‹

Now in the present, moments before the Scouts had shown up to retake Wall Maria, Bertolt stares at the warm fire, knees pressed against his chest as he held a cup in his right. He glances over at Reiner, who takes a sip from his drink and stares at the fire.