Chapter Twenty One

Okay, so the next five chapters will be of different moments in Adam and Dee's life. I will put a rough idea as to how old they are somewhere in the story. And my baba terminology might not be totally right. Sorry, not my area of expertise :P.

Enjoy and comment, Josie, x.

O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O

Chapter Twenty One

   "Missus Green, Mister Green, it's a boy." The nurse smiled as she told us and handed us our ultrasound picture. She then handed me a wipe to clean the blue gel from my stomach.

"Thank you." Adam said and helped me off of the bed. It was my twenty week scan, and I still hadn't gotten used to being called 'Missus Green'. I mean, I'd only been married for five months, and it still hadn't sunk in. So, as you guessed, we got lucky in Canada, and are now starting a family, planning to have two kids maximum. Maxie was staying with us for a while, she insisted that she didn't want to be away from her brother and sister, and plans to help us decorate the spare room as a nursery. We had already turned Adam's room into our room and my room into Maxie's room.

   "So, what is it?" Maxie asked as we opened the front door.

"Boy!" I squealed.

"I'll get my blue chart." Maxie said to me, getting up from the kitchen table and heading for the stairs.

"I dunno', I was thinking more green, because, well, everyone goes for blue. What do you think?" I asked Adam.

"I like the idea of green. Maxie get green!" Adam called up the stairs after Maxie, smiling at me.

"Okay!" She shouted back.

   "So, a boy. You going to teach him to play football?" I asked Adam as we sat down on the sofa.

"Depends, are you gonna' teach him to play rugby?" Adam shot back.

"Umm, if you play, too, and if we visit your family enough."

"Why?"

"Because Isaac plays, doesn't he?"

"Oh yeah, I didn't even think of that." Adam then started to rub small circles on my mini bump. I wasn't showing much, just enough for it to be noticeable to those who saw me often enough and knew how thin I was.

"Mmm, that's nice." I told Adam as I leant my head back and closed my eyes.

I started to fall asleep when I heard Maxie shouting "You would want the colour that's right at the bottom of the pile, wouldn't you?"

I sighed and said "Because I wasn't nearly asleep, or anything."

"Sorry, Sis." She apologized. She then handed me the colour card. I looked at it with Adam and pointed to one. He nodded.

"We like the chayote." I told her.

"Me too."

"Good. So, who's ready to go shop for paint and stuff?" I asked, sitting up. Adam groaned but Maxie just hit him in the arm. I grinned and linked arms with her. We then walked out with Adam trailing behind us.

* * *

   "Oh, wow. It looks great." I said as I stepped into the nursery and admired our handiwork. We had painted the walls in the pale green, put a darker green carpet in, and furnished it with oak furniture. Chestof drawers, table, changer, rocking chair (yes, so cliché, but I had to have one), cot, shelves and all of the things that would be needed in a nursery. We had also bought some clothes and toys. This had all been done in a period of one week.