Chapter Three

Okay, guys, just to warn you: some of my horsey-neigh-neigh terminology may be sligthly shitty. I had to find this stuff out online. If there are any things that are slight fails then please let me know.

Enjoy and vomment, Josie, x.

O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O...O

Chapter Three

The next day, I went downstairs to see my father sitting at the breakfast table. "Angel, can you go and tell Adam that breakfast is ready, please?" My father asked me.

"Sure, daddy." It was half seven and Adam wasn't up. I went up the stairs and down one of the hallways, knocking on the third door on the left: Adam's room. There was no answer. I knocked a little louder. Still no answer. I called out his name once before walking in to see him sprawled across his bed, the duvet up to his waist but not covering his bare and muscular chest.

I took the sight in for a few minutes before I heard "Enjoy the view," come from Adam. I felt my cheeks flush slightly.

I looked down to my feet and said "It's half seven, breakfast is ready."

"Okay. Thanks." He said, getting out of bed and smiling at me. He was stood there in a pair of baggy, striped pyjama trousers. His hair was tousled, and I just wanted to go up to him and run my fingers through it. As he stretched, I heard his back crack. It set my teeth on edge. He saw my reaction and said "Oh, sorry." I smiled weakly before going back downstairs and getting breakfast.

Adam came down ten minutes later, his hair slightly damp from being towel dried after a shower, dressed in jeans and a plain white shirt. He had a blue button-down long sleeved plaid shirt over his shoulder. He smiled at us and said "Morning." We both said good morning back to him. I stood up and put my plate in the sink before getting the carton of orange juice out and pouring myself a glass.

"Anybody want a drink?" I asked.

"Tea please, Angel." My father said from behind his newspaper.

"Can I get a coffee, please?" Adam asked.

"How do you take it?" I replied, looking towards Adam.

"Black, two sugars, thanks."

"Okey dokey." I said as I flicked the switch on the kettle and got two mugs out. I dropped a tea bag in one, and some coffee and two sugars in to the other. After I'd made the drinks, I handed them to Adam and my father.

"Thanks, angel." was my father's reply.

"Ta, Dee." Adam said, smiling up at me.

"That's okay. Now, I'm going outside to sort the horses, I'll be in the stables if you need me." I said as I pulled on my wellies and walked across the dew-covered grass to the stables.

When I got to my destination, I mucked out in the stables and then put new straw down. After, I grabbed a curry comb and a dandy brush and went to start grooming Dakota, then using the mane brush on her tail and mane before putting three small plaits into her mane. Then, I cleaned out her hooves and proceeded on to the other four horses. When I'd groomed them all, I filled the water trough up and poured grain and vitamin pellets in to the food trough. I then led Kylie, Polly, Flick and Gemma out in to their field where the troughs were filled. When I got back to the stables, I climbed on top of Dakota and rode her out in to the field. I saw that Adam was in the next field along, pouring food in to a trough for the sheep. He saw me and waved. I grinned at him and swung my left leg over Dakota's back. I then went to get my other foot out of the stirrup when Dakota jumped and I fell. My foot was caught in the stirrup still. It was putting me in a lot of pain as Dakota was cantering while trying to shake me off.