"Hmm... let's go to my office so you guys can relate the story in full" the headmage began walking to his office with everyone else in tow. You stopped leaning against Ace and walked a little away from the headmage.

_________________________________________

"So there was a mysterious monster living in the mines?" The headmage questioned.

"That's is what Yuu said no?" You sarcastically replied with a deadpan expression.

"Right.. and you guys all worked together?" He looked up from the floor as he asked.

"Well some more than others..." Yuu mumbled while his eyes flickered to you and Deuce (aka the better duo).

"Eh... I wouldn't really call it working together" Ace spoke with crossed arms.

'He really doesn't want to admit he needed help huh?' You thought as you nudged him slightly.

Nodding Deuce agreeded with Ace, for once, causing you to nudge him slightly too. This time you glared at him to which he deadpanned at you.

"Oh gracious..." at this point the room was filled with sobbing coming from the guy who is supposed to be in charge of this school. You merely stared at him with a mix of disgust and confusion.

"What's this guys deal? Crying in public? At his age?" Grim also seemed to look at the headmage with disgust and confusion.

"At his big age?" You and Yuu said in unison. This caused Yuu to turn to you with a raided eyebrow. How did you know about something from a different world? To awnser his question, you just stood their with a slight smirk as you turned to the now speaking headmage.

"In all the decades I've worked at this school.. this is the first day students of Night Raven College have joined forces to defeat a common enemy!" He choked out between tears. Yuu was still confused about what happened with you but decided to question it later.

"What?! No! I would never team up with him" Deuce's face contorted into disgust at the thought of willingly working with Ace.

"Wait just how old are you headmage...?" Ace voiced what everyone was thinking.

"This.. this has proved my hopes were justified" the headmage said in glee.

'Dodging the question, a classic' you thought with a small smile. Truth be told, everytime the headmage was asked that question he ignored it which led you to assume we was just really really old.

"Yuu!" At this point the headmage looked like he was going to start crying again at any second. Embarrassing for him really.
"You possess the talents of a beast master!" The headmage grabbed Yuu by the shoulders and stared him with fondness and just pure happiness for him. Like a father looking at their child and feeling proud.

"A.. beastmaster?" Yuu looked at each of you in confusion. Being the great friends you guys are, you all shrugged your shoulders and looked away. Obviously you knew exactly what it was but you'll let him figure it out on his own.

"Everyone at Night Raven College has a lot of potential and power with magic....but with that comes with big egos and pride" the headmage finally took his hands off Yuu's shoulders and placed his hands on his hips.
"Most are so self-centered they won't even work with others" He sighed.

"You make it sound like a bad thing" Grim deadpanned.

"Grim." You picked him up by the scruff of the neck and gave him a passive aggressive smile.

"Sorry..?" Grim said as if it was more of a question. You dropped him onto the ground with a sigh.

"You may not have magic but in spite of that... or maybe perhaps because of it?" The headmage was in deep thought for a moment.
"Well either way YOU convinced those who can use magic to work together!"