Chapter 1

"You look spectacular today, Vanessa

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"You look spectacular today, Vanessa. It's been a long time since I have seen you at any of the parties. But you have certainly outdone yourself with today's look. I don't think any man here can keep his eyes off of you."

The middle-aged man let out a laugh as if he had not just scanned her from head to toe with his lecherous eyes the moment she walked in. It was as if he had not been making moves on a young woman who shares her age with his daughter who was very much present at the party.

He hadn't lied though — Vanessa admitted to herself. She knew she turned heads wherever she went, especially more today, probably breaking a record for how many heads she could turn without breaking their necks. Her raven locks were flowing down in waves to her waist, adorned with little white pearls like constellations on a night. It contrasted beautifully with the milky tone of her skin — a rather angelic sight to behold. The silk of her Emerald gown fit her body in a graceful manner that had people fascinated.

Trying to appear sultry, he inched his fingers towards her free hand at the side. He thought he was so slick in his attempt to get a feel of the smoothness of her skin.

He was so lost in his twisted fantasies that he missed out on the cold azure eyes brimming with wrath, boring into him. Too bad, he was not aware that Vanessa wasn't a fool.

Sensing his blatant bad intentions, Vanessa gave her signature little chuckle before moving her hand to move the loose strands of hair framing her face gracefully so as not to look hasty. Internally, she couldn't help but be taken aback by the guts of the man in front of her being so daring.

The man couldn't take a hint of how Vanessa couldn't wait to strangle him. Heck, she had not bothered to even listen to his introduction when he interrupted her from taking her first sip from the pinot noir swirling in her wine glass. She was regretting not listening to his introduction soon after. If she'd bothered to remember his name, she would know whose house to send a bunch of hitmen to.

'This guy has some nerve. The last time I checked, imbeciles and middle-aged bald egoists weren't included in the guest list. Maybe they had trouble sorting out which of the two categories this man belonged to. He's a mix of both, I can tell.'

She was happy that her internal scoffing and cursing couldn't be heard. Vanessa wasn't going to risk making a bad impression in front of such a big crowd although she highly doubted people would have trouble agreeing to her brutal honesty about this man.

'Don't worry, by the time I repay the favor you put on me, I am going to be so generous with it, that you will remember it for the rest of your existence, Mr-whoever-you-are.'

Her azure eyes scanned around the lavishly decorated hall, landing on the blond female who stood out in her stunning shimmery black gown. She also happened to wear an amused expression on her beautifully sculpted face looking right back at her as she leaned against the wall, silently observing the scene.