Chapter 11 - Life Is Hell

I walked over to Charlie who was sitting on the bed staring at the wall. "Charlie, are you still... Are you still mad at me?" I said in a soft tone. "Annie, I get it's not entirely your fault, but yeah I kinda am still mad at you." said Charlie.
"I'm sure you know that, and you've been waiting for me to get revenge, but I'm not like that, okay." I was quite shocked by this.
"Well... Are you okay?" I said. I hated being trapped here, but was to afraid to leave. Yet I still had enough care in me to ask him if he were alright. "I'm fine, just thinking." he said in a dark tone. He looked down at his feet. I walked over and sat down by him. It felt extremely weird to sit near him willingly. "Is there anything I can do to help you with your thinking?" I said. There was a silent pause before I realized Charlie had started crying. "Charlie, I..." I wasn't sure what to do. I was scared, worried, angry. Then, I made the decision to hug him.
Charlie was surprised by this, but hugged me back. He sobbed on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Annie! You never deserved anything I put you through! I left you dealing with your parents alone, I wasn't there when you went through labor, I cheated on you, I wasn't there helping raise Leah, and now I've raped you and kiddnapped you! I'm so sorry! Even after all I've put you through your hugging me right now, trying to comfort me! I'm sick and I should just let you and Leah leave! But I'm scared! I should just die!!!" "No, Charlie! You may have done some messed up things, but no one deserves to die!" "See, your amazing! I've been nothing, but evil and cruel!" Then I pressed my lips on his on instinct. He was sick in the head, and I should've been happy he was thinking about letting Leah and I go. Life was just a literal living Hell! Humans were no better then the devil himself. They are destroying the earth and each other. It's true no one but Charlie was to blame for his choices, but maybe things would have been different if he'd had better parents or he'd went to therapy. Charlie pushed me away. "I don't deserve you Annette! I never have!" he yelled.
Then, he ran out of the house and ran into the woods. I fell to my knees and started sobbing. Leah ran to the room. "Mommy are you okay?!" she said softly. "Why did daddy run away?!" Leah hugged me. I cried hard onto Leah. Life had been such a screw over. Why were we a here in the first place? Why didn't science match up with the Bible? Why were humans ignoring their own damage to the world? Why did everyone judge every little mistake or flaw? Why couldn't Charlie and I just have had a child later on and stayed together, and gotten married? Why was life such chaos? Why was life feeling like it was worse than hell itself?