Epilogue

2 years later...

George POV 

Things have been going well recently. Clay and I have been together for the past year and a half. 

It's crazy how things have changed, but I couldn't imagine my life without him anymore. We both decided to go to the same university and we are inseparable on and off the field. 

I'm in love with him. 

He asked me out after our first college game. He had passed me the winning touch down and as everyone was celebrating he ran up and kissed me. It was the most surreal moment ever. 

Then he just asked the question and I couldn't help but say yes. 

Since then things have been amazing, we are now going into our second year of college so we decided to get an apartment together. 

We even got a new cat! Her name is patches and she's the cutest thing I have ever seen. I have never been happier to finally be in a healthy relationship. Clay showed me how it feels to be loved, and I can't thank him enough. 

As I sit on my couch finishing some school work I hear the front door open and Patches runs after the door. 

I can only assume it is Clay by the wave of cologne I smell. He always smells so good. 

"Honey I'm home!" He jokes while dropping all his things and heading towards me in the living room. 

I roll my eyes but can't help but smile. 

He reaches the couch and wraps his arms around me. 

"Whatcha doing?" He asks in a sing song tone. 

"Studying" I say and lean my head back against the couch to look up at him. 

He leans down and kisses me, my hand sliding into his hair instinctively. As he pulls away we just  stare at each other. "I love you idiot"

"I hate you too" I reply teasingly. He jumps over the couch and removes the laptop from my lap and starts play fighting with me. "Hey stop!" I say through giggles. 

"You are such an ass Davidson!" 

Honestly it was hard for me to commit, being so scared by my abandonment issues with my parents as well as my ex being abuses. I didn't want anything like that to happen again. But here I am, living in my own apartment with the love of my life. 

It's weird when we think back to the times we "hated each other" and how we honestly just couldn't admit to each other that we had feelings for one another. We love to share stories about back then. 

Honestly we both took a risk, not knowing how the other felt. 

But at the end of the day we had to take that leap of faith. 

It was all or nothing. 

The End.

466 words...