Chapter 14: Truth Unfolds

Start from the beginning

"If you don't come and confess to Alexander yourself, I'll have to take legal actions. Being a Smith, even media would support us and speed up the entire process." I said looking into her eyes.

"I am sorry, Mr. Robert, but I have already filed an application for withdrawing your medical license. You're unfit for practicing if you can't even handle your manipulative wife." I said bitterly.

Helping Sophia to the cab, I took a seat beside her.

"How are you here, mom?" I asked her.

"I thought I could spend some time with Malisa. She could update me about Alexander." She muttered blankly.

"I shouldn't have believed that bitch. I should have trusted my instincts. I should have trusted Alexander. My baby could never do anything wrong. He wasn't an addict. He was never arrogant. He was just craving love, trust, patience. I am such a bad mother." She cried in her palms.

"I should have asked him. I should have sat beside him and discuss everything with him. I shouldn't have trusted Malisa. James always warned me against her. He said our son couldn't be this wrong. He asked me to trust our upbringing. It was me who forced him to go against his instincts. I blindly trusted Malisa. I thought she could never be wrong about Alex. Oh God!" She cried out.

I rubbed her back.

I dropped her at Ava's place. Ethan was staying at her apartment. I briefed up Ethan about the entire situation. Saying that he was raging, would be an understatement. He was fuming, almost ready to kill the Roberts. Ava helped him to think rationally.

I took a cab back to home.

I hope to see you at my place at 6 in the evening. Either you confess, or I'll be taking legal actions.

I texted Malisa.

I am going to take legal actions whatsoever. But before everything, Alexander needs to know what all happened.

Unlocking the door, I saw Alexander sitting on the couch with a mug of coffee in his hands.

"You look tired. Are you okay?" He asked me.

"A lot happened. I'll brief you up.  Let me freshen up." I said and retired into my room.

Taking a quick shower, I planned what to tell and what to keep for Malisa to confess.

"Xander?" I called him out. He hummed in answer.

"Can we talk? It's pretty important." I said. I had his full attention now.

"Please don't tell me you want to divorce my boring ass." He joked.

"Not even in your dreams." I rolled my eyes.

"But on a serious note, you look tensed. Is everything alright?" He asked me.

I bit my lips and took a deep breath.

"Remember I took your samples for a test yesterday?" He nodded his head.

"Well I had them check by Dr. Andruzzi. He's one of the best dermatologists of UK. I thought he could advise me something about your conditions." I said.

"Did he respond?" Alexander asked.

"Yes. He did. He said you're perfectly normal. Not only now, but ever since the beginning. The marks you had were only allergic reactions. You never had a skin disorder." I informed and waited for his reaction.

I saw a huge grin breaking out on his face. He hugged me tight.

"I always dreamt of hearing this. Oh my God! This is so great!" He burst into a beam of joy.

But slowly his smile subsided into a frown. "Wait I was healthy from the beginning?" He asked again. I nodded.

"But Mr. Robert..." He trailed off.

"I also met your mom today." I said diverting the topic. I'll wait for Malisa to explain it to him.

I saw his expressions harden at the sound of his mom.

"Why do you hate her Xander?" I asked him.

"When my father taunted and punished me for being weak, she never took my side. I always hoped that atleast my mom would feel what I felt. But she never did. She was a mere puppet at my father's hand." He gritted out.

"Something happened today. Truths got unfolded. Turns out that your parents had been instigated against you. Someone regularly updated them about you being in some kind off bad circle. That you didn't care for anyone's feelings due to the amount of fame and wealth your parents had. They were informed that you were involved in drugs consumption." I said.

"Your father never believed them. Your mother did. She saw the informer as her own family ever since her young age. It was natural for her to trust her. Moreover, she believed that the informer would never harm you." I shared.

I saw his expressions turn from anger to confusion.

"And they didn't even bother to discuss it with me?" He asked.

"Your father tried. But he was always stopped. Slowly you grew resentment towards him. The bad blood became stronger than the trust he had on you." I said.

"On our wedding day, your dad asked me to always be by your side. He was vulnerable that day. He wasn't the stoic billionaire he portrays himself to be. He is an equally love craving father." I informed him.

He remained silent.

"Who was the informer?" He asked after a long silence.

"It was me." A voice boomed.

"Aunt Malisa?" Alexander looked in disbelief.
~~~

I wish I could hug you right now. But I can't. So I am sending you this.

Love yaa

Love yaa.