7. Friends?

A m a y r a

It had been an hour since lunch and I already gave a day off to Andrea. That absolutely meant I would have to try my hands at making dinner.

Even though I can't certify myself to be a straight A cook, I can cook to survive.

Scrolling through my phone for another couple of hours, I went and checked the refrigerator for ideas on what to cook for dinner. That's when another idea struck my brain.

I tiptoed to Alexander's room and knocked on his door. I furrowed my eyebrows when no one answered. Trying to turn the door knob, I found it to be locked. I heard ruffling of sheets behind the door but no one ever opened the damn door. That's when I realised, Alexander is ignoring the knocks.

Very well then.

I set my speakers again and this time infront of Alexander's door. I blasted the condo with some horrible operas untill I saw a fuming Alexander emerging out of the room.

"What do you fucking want woman?!" He gritted through his teeth.

"Your opinion on what should I cook for dinner." I said swinging the speaker plugs in my hand.

"Why on the earth would you cook? Don't I pay Andrea to do these things?" He cocked his eyebrow.

"I gave her a day off. Now tell me what should I make for the dinner, considering the fact we are having it together." I said checking the plug pins.

"Neither am I eating with you. Nor am I eating anything made by you. Who knows about your plan of poisoning me." He muttered the last part under his breath.

"So you do realise your actions are worth giving you poison. But don't worry. Being the bigger person I am, I'll accept your unsaid apology and cook a poison free dinner for you. Now give me a dish's name. Quick." I said with a fake smile.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Make whatever the fuck you want."

"How about brocolli tarts?" I asked very well knowing he's allergic to them.

"I am allergic to them." He said.

"Peanut butter sandwiches then?" I asked.

"I am allergic to peanuts too." He said.

"How about banana cakes?" I asked.

"Bananas too." He said pressing his lips. He looked ashamed now. Deciding not to play with him anymore, I gave him a real choice this time.

"Grilled steaks with veggies would do?" I asked.

"Sure." He shrugged and went turned back.

"But I am still not eating with you." He said before going.

I got up and padded towards the kitchen like a penguine. That's when I heard a deep manly chuckle. Realising that Alexander witnessed my lazy ass walking like a penguine, I ran into the kitchen with red cheeks. Talk about embarassing myself.

Spending an hour in the kitchen, I put my entire concentration in making sure the steaks were perfectly cooked. Settling for chocolate cupcakes for desert, I gave them a dramatic touch.

I set up the dining table and went on with yet again connecting my speakers and blasting some music.

"Can't you behave normal for once?" Alexander stormed out of his room.

"Nope. You only listen to me when my speakers call you out you know. Start answering my knocks and I'll stop playing music." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What did you want?" He asked.