Chapter 21: The Mystery Train

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry. We won't let the Organization lay their hands on you. Just stay here, out of sight." I reassured her. I ran into the corridor into Carriage 8 and immediately started coughing. There was so much smoke! I stopped at a door to catch my breath.

"You really are Hell Angel's daughter. You look just like her." I gasped and turned around to see Amuro step into view.

" I gasped and turned around to see Amuro step into view

"A pleasure to meet you. My codename is 'Bourbon'." he said. I could not help but tremble in fear since he had an expression on his face that I've never seen before. "'Bourbon. Do you recall hearing this code name before? I've met your family before."

"Yes. I've heard of you." I faced him and managed to repeat the words Haibara said in my earpiece. "You are a member of the Organization and the rival to my sister's boyfriend, Dai Moroboshi. From what my sister told me, there was a lot of antipathy between you two."

"Indeed. Just as I suspected, he turned out to be an FBI agent." Amuro smirked. "I couldn't believe the reports that he had been killed after betraying the organization. So I disguised myself and wandered around people close to him, to watch their reactions. But all I could figure out from that is that he really is dead."

I smiled inwardly. That means our plan worked!

"Anyway, my partner who helped me make that disguise is now disguising as him in my place." he said and I narrowed my eyes slightly. Vermouth...

"The fact that you've appeared before me shows how much she terrifies you." Amuro continued. "Now would you put your hands up and slowly walk backwards?" He pulled out a gun. I did as I was told and put my hands up. "We'll go to the luggage car behind Carriage 8."

"Now please open the door and get inside." he said. I went in reluctantly. "Fear not. I intend to take you back to the Organization alive. I'm going to destroy the link between these two carriages with an explosive and break off the luggage car." Amuro took out a rectangular shaped explosive and planted it on the ground. "And, after it stops, my partners will come and collect you. Until then, I'm afraid I'll have to knock you out." I looked at the doorway and my eyes widened.

"But don't worry, you'll be sleeping a safe distance from the door, so you don't need to worry about getting caught in the explosion." Amuro said.

"Apparently I do have to worry." I pointed out. "This luggage car is full of explosives. Looks like there is a slip up in your preparations." I moved the fabric covering explosives on the shelves.

"I guess I have no choice." he sighed. "How about you come this way?" Amuro motioned. It's dangerous in the luggage car, but I mustn't alter the plot.

"Sorry, but I decline." I said firmly and slammed the door shut, following what Kaito Kid did in the anime. I looked at the explosives to see if I could disable them. Suddenly I was thrown to the back of the car by an explosion. Ouch... there's no time to waste...I have to get out of here before the rest of the car explodes. I tried to unlock the door at the back of the luggage car, but it was stuck. I coughed violently as the smoke was getting too heavy. My face was probably also covered in soot. Suddenly, the door was ripped open and a pair of strong arms grabbed me out from the carriage right before it exploded.