He motioned for me to sit, "Are you ok?"

     Just those three small words opened the flood gate I shook my head no as tears started to run down my face. Cody quickly got up and pulled me to his chest telling me everything would be ok. I buried my face into the familiar smell of his shirt as I sobbed.

     "I just don't understand. How could he reject me like that?"

     "Because he's an ass. But you know what you do? Make him regret his decision."

     I looked at him confused, "But how?"

     "You will figure it out. I promise you."

     I nodded my head hoping he was right. I went back to my room and made myself a promise. I would mourn my loss today, but tomorrow I would make him sorry and hope that I could somehow manage to live without him. If he really didn't want me that was fine, but I refuse to be sad over someone who doesn't even care

Jason POV

     The next morning I woke up next to a peaceful looking Amanda with her long blonde hair fanned around her head. I put my legs over the edge of my bed and leaned down as I put my head in my hand. I forced a smile as I felt Amanda hug me from behind. She walked to the bathroom as I watched the woman I use to love so much. I use to love her long tan legs her long blond hair and her slim body. I still love her but its just not the same anymore. My vision is clouded with dark hair, curves and green eyes that haunted me. The whole night I dreamt of her and the look on her face when I told her she wasn't my mate. The look was so terribly broken. I felt my heart cracking as I saw the look on her face in my mind over and over again.

     I heard a knock on my door, pulling me out of my thoughts, and I got up to answer it. It was my mother. She put her fingers to her lips and signaled me to follow her. I silently closed my door as I followed my mom to the old library. She sat in the chair and motioned for me to sit on the couch. She just looked at me for a while and I shifted nervously. No matter how old I was my mom could always make me nervous and feel ashamed of myself, weather I did anything or not, but this time she obviously knew what I had done wrong.

     "I heard something troubling this morning."

     I silently groaned, "What's that mom?"

     "There are rumors going around that Amanda is not you mate. That a girl from Cody's pack is. Tell me the truth, Jason," she still had the look of scrutiny on her face and I knew there was no way I could lie to her. I knew if I lied she would see right threw me so I told her everything. By the end she sat there nodding thoughtfully.

     "Well, it's settled then. You must tell Amanda and bring the girl here. Neither of you will ever be truly happy if you aren't together. Not to mention the possibility that both of your wolfs die from this separation. Amanda is a nice enough of a girl but this can't go on."

    With that, she left without another word. How would I ever get my mate to trust me again? But my mom was right I had to tell Amanda and I had to try. I slowly walked to the bedroom Amanda and I shared. She was just coming out of the bathroom her hair was wet and she had a towel around her body.

     "What was that about babe?"

     "Nothing, just my mom. I need to talk to you. Come sit by me," she looked confused but sat by me. She took my hands in hers but I gently placed them back in her lap. 

     She looked at me more confused. I took a deep breath, "We can't be together. I made a mistake. We aren't mates."

     She looked down, "How could you lie to me. It's that bitch isn't it?"

     I swallowed my anger, this wasn't her fault, of course she is mad. "I'm so sorry. My wolf was wrong."

     She stood up calmly, "I will not leave. You are my mate and I refuse to let that slut who just wants to be with the alpha take you from me."

     My anger broke at this as I spoke in my alpha tone, "I am still your alpha and you will obey me. You will be leaving my room today and we will not be together!"

     Her eyes grew hard as she got dressed and started to pack up her stuff with out another word. It's not like she could anyways. An alpha command was absolute and left no room for disagreements.

     I left the room as she finished packing her things. I was in the living room as she came down with three suitcases, "Where will you go?"

     "Does it really matter?"

     I sighed, "For what it's worth, I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I truly do love you and wanted to be with you. But I owe it to me and my mate to try to make this work."

     "Yea ok. Just remember, this won't be the last time you see me. You will regret this,"  I watched as she left. Great I made another enemy. I just couldn't stop messing up lately.