Chapter 26 Threat

Jason P.O.V

     I looked at my watch. It's been an hour sense I left the room and I send Darren 30 minutes ago to go find her.  Where the hell is Kearstin and Darrin? I motioned one of the guards over and sent him to go find where they were. I tried to pay attention to the meeting as I waited for word.

     When he was back he leaned in so no one heard, "I'm sorry Alpha but there is no sign of The Luna or Darren, but there is something else you should see."

     I slipped out the door with him as the meeting went on. He lead me up the stairs and towards the baby's room. As I stepped in I felt nothing but fear and anger. There was obviously a struggle and the window was smashed out. I could smell Darrin and Kearstin's scent all the way to the window. There was a needle on the ground, I picked it up and immediately smelt wolfsbane.

     I turned to guard, "Is the baby ok?"

     "She's fine Alpha. Her nanny found her alone crying in the crib."

     "Damn him. Get everyone on doing everything they can to find out where he took her! My mate needs to be returned to me!"

     "Yes Alpha."

     I walked quickly back into the meeting signaling them to stop, "Kearstin has been taken."

     The room became loud with voices at the shock of the news and I raised my hands quieting the room before I spoke again. "She was taken by Darren but we know little about the where or the why. I need everyone to find out as much as they can about him and where he possibly took her as well as a list of friends and family to question on this matter."

     Everyone quickly moved into motion with their orders needing no more prompting from me. I swear to god Kearstin I will tear apart the world to find you.

Kearstin P.O.V

     I blinked a few times, my eyes feeling like sand paper, as I looked around the room. I tried to raise my hand to my aching head but was surprised when I couldn't. I looked down realizing I was strapped in a wooden chair that had metal bands that were around my wrists and ankles. I gave a few strong pulls realizing there was no way I was breaking these. I looked around the small room I was in. It was dark with no windows and a small light hanging from the middle of the room. Honestly it looked like a large storage room. I paused as I heard foot steps and went limp letting my head fall back pretending I was still asleep.

     I heard the door quietly open and shut and someone's feet shuffling as they walked towards me. I could feel a breath on my chest as someone stood incredibly close to me. I lost it as I felt a hand run down my chest and brought my head forward head butting whoever was touching me. I heard a satisfying crunch as their nose broke. I looked up to a very pissed off Darren. Then it all hit me, Darren in the nursery and the baby screaming as he took me.

     "You fucking bitch," he backhanded me so hard I saw dark spots cloud my vison.

     What I don't understand is why. Why would he take me and bring me here? As far as I know I had never done anything to him. I was actually fond of him, he was the nicest person to me on my first day in the pack house. I had initially talked to him to annoy Jason but he turned out to be a really nice guy.

     I looked at him confused as I slowly turned my head back forward, "Why would you do this Darren? I thought you were my friend! Do you know what they will do to you? You will be executed!"

     He started laughing hysterically like i had just told him the funniest joke in the world. "You mean just like my mate? Without her it doesn't matter."

     I looked at him confused, "What are you talking about?"

     "First you came and stole the Alpha from her, then you took her baby, and finally you executed her. Was she really that much of a threat to you?"

     He looked enraged as it dawned upon me, "Amanda was your mate?"

     He gave me a venomous look and back handed me again, "Don't you fucking ever say her name! She was mine and your mate took her away from me! And now I'm going to do the same to him."

     Fear overtook me as my head pounded from the repeated slaps. "Please think before you do something you can't come back from Darrin. Doing this won't bring her back, and I have a daughter that needs me. Please Darrin!"

     My please meant very little to him, "You mean Amanda's daughter that you stole?! She wasn't yours and you couldn't face the fact that Jason had a baby with another female so you stole her baby and killed her!"

     I shook my head, "It wasn't like that! She did something to impregnate herself with my child and then she refused to eat and threatened to kill the pup. That's why all of this has happened."

     "You dumb little Luna. I might have let you live after I killed your mate and had Amanda by my side after I took the alpha position but you had to show up and fuck everything up. and convincing Jason to kill your rival for his affection? Bravo! I didn't think you had that in you. I underestimated you and you did the same to me."

     I shivered at the sound of his threat as he left slamming the door behind him. He planned to kill Jason and take over the pack? It all makes sense now. Without the ceremony officially appointing me luna Amanda having given birth to Jason's heir would have been appointed until the baby came of age and naturally her natural mate would have stood beside her helping rule the pack. Shit I have to get out of here and warn Jason. I had just found out who the threat is.