sixty eight

chapter sixty eight: our song

[ a/n: read note at the end please :) ]

Five was drunk.

Like extremely drunk.

As soon as he had walked, well more like stumbled, to the front of the room and grabbed the microphone off of Chet, Anthony was prepared to blink up and grab it off of him at any given moment before he could say something either blatantly offensive or extremely stupid.

But, he was willing to let the boy embarrass himself a bit, after all it was his own choice to get wasted.

And it turns out that drunk Five is extremely sappy.

"We are a family that is bound together by destiny and love!" Five said dramatically, sounding as if he was almost going to cry. "I left for years and you still let me back into the family even when I was a total asshole to you all, and you still cared about me as if I had never been gone."

Anthony leaned his head against Diego's shoulder, a hand wrapped around the man's arm as they both listened in silence. He needed the contact right now, with Five away from him he just needed someone, and who better than his favorite brother-in-law?

"I'm so lucky to have five siblings that care about me so much, and now I have two more siblings with Lila and Sloane," Five stated. "I'm so relieved to have my family back and to be so loved even if we're all going to die horrible deaths in less than twenty four hours!"

Slightly morbid.

The siblings were taken aback, they never thought that their brother had felt so much towards them.

"And Anthony," Five paused looking in his direction with his hand with the bottle falling to his side. "I just-I just love you so much, and I can't believe you married me not once but twice," he still looked as if he was about to cry. "I love you so much, and I-I would do anything for you, I just love you so much."

Diego looked over slightly, "I think might he love you," he commented sarcastically.

"You think so?" Anthony asked, he looked up at his brother with a smile. "Maybe just a bit."

"You are just so perfect, and amazing, and beautiful, and hot, and cute, and perfect and you're the nicest person I know," Five rambled on more. "I love your face and your eyes and the way your hair falls in front of them sometimes. I love your lips, and your hands, and your waist, and your stomach, and your entire body and your personality and every single thing there is to love about you, and I can't imagine ever loving anyone else the way I love you."

Anthony only smiled at the drunk mess that was rambling to the entire family, knowing he should probably put a stop to it but not yet wanting to give it up just yet. Plus, the words he was saying was almost enough to make him melt into the floor. He knew that Five loved him, but hearing him say it just meant a whole lot more.

"I don't know how you're still here with me after all of this time, I've fucked this up too many times, but you're just such a good person and I just love you so fucking much," Five slurred his words slightly. "I just want to pick you up and wrap you in bubble wrap and then carry you around with me in my pocket every single day to stop you from getting hurt."

"Probably a bit excessive," Lila mumbled.

Anthony smiled, "I'd probably let him do it."

"And you know he would actually do it," she replied.