nineteen

chapter nineteen: say it again

Anthony was the first to wake up the next morning, groaning as he opened his eyes due to the terrible and irritating pounding sensation in his head. He glanced around at the room he didn't recognize, and he felt as if he should be concerned at the unfamiliarity, but when he noticed Luther asleep in a chair, he decided that he must've brought them there.

He didn't have any memory of the night before; only fuzzy and broken up parts. He remembered getting drunk, he remembered walking to the library and he remembered talking to Diego, for some odd reason.
Anthony didn't remember talking to Five, he didn't remember their conversation, and he definitely did not remember the intimacy they had shared.

Shuffling slightly, he let out another low groan at the pain. Anthony had always had a shit pain tolerance, and it was even worse when he was hungover. He glanced over at Five, who was just now starting to become conscious again, and was letting out a similar groan as his husband.

"Hangover?" Anthony asked.

"Mm" Five hummed, bringing a hand up to his own face and rubbing the sleep from his eyes, balling his hands into fists.

"Same" he nodded.

"Well, you two were pretty shitfaced last night, I'm not surprised you're hungover" the heard the voice of Luther comment from the other side of the room

The two gays glanced over at the man "Oh, morning Luther, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Anthony asked, clearly not entirely happy by his presence.

Anthony actually rather liked Luther. Sure, the whole Allison thing was weird as fuck, but he really just felt bad for the guy; it was obvious that his time at the Academy and his time on the moon had fucked him up severely, and Anthony felt as if they could sorta relate to each other in a strange way.  Not to mention, the dude had some serious daddy issues, which was another thing they both had in common.

"I brought you both home last night with Diego, do you not remember?" Luther asked, standing up and doing a small stretch of his unusually large body.

"Nah bro, my heads all fuzzy" Anthony replied, reaching down and grabbing onto Five's hand, beginning to mindlessly play with his fingers "I remember absolutely nothing"

"I remember everything" Five said.

"Oh? Tell me, please" Anthony replied.

Five shrugged "Not a lot happened honestly; we had the worm conversation again, you talked about your dick, you called me gay and a pussy" he replied.

Technically, he wasn't lying, because all of that did happen, but he was withholding some information, and he knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it.

"Sounds about right" Anthony nodded, sliding Five's ring up and down on his finger repeatedly "Because you are a pussy...and gay, actually"

"Are we just going to ignored the elephant in the room here? Luther asked, walking over and sitting on a chair across the way from the couple.

"Is it the fact that Diego has a photo of Vanya on his punching bag? Because that seems kinda fucked up, in my opinion" Anthony commented. He knew Diego was pissed about the book, but Jesus he was such a dramatic prick.

"I'm talking about the apocalypse" Luther replied.

Number Five groaned again, moving away from Anthony and sitting up on the bed "Yeah, that's a thing that's happening" he agreed with a nod, his tone and vibe completely switched at the mention of the world ending, and it definitely did not go unnoticed by his partner.