"I'm going to miss you too." She replied and Jared didn't wait. Clasping both her cheeks in between his hands he leant forward, pressing his soft lips against hers and kissed her with enough passion and care that it had Emily's rationality reeling. As he pulled away, his lips detached from hers, but his face remained as close as it was before. He opened his eyes and smirked at her face, still upturned and eyes closed with desire.

"If you need me..." Jared whispered and Emily's eyes fluttered open. "If you need me for anything. Anytime. Please, babe." Jared pushed a hand behind her ear, losing his fingers in her thick hair. "Please call me, okay?"

"I promise." Emily nodded, leaning her chest into his and wrapping her arms around his middle. She tucked her face into the crook of his neck and he nuzzled his face into her hair. They stood there for a while breathing each other in, absorbing as much of each other as possible before they had to depart. Neither wanted to let go, both could of stayed that way for days. The final call rang out through the airport for Jared's flight and Emily was the first to pull away. She could see the disapproval in his face when she did remove herself from his arms, but it had to be done. She gave him a quick shove, causing him to step back a few inches, and told him to get lost. He chuckled at her, knowing she was joking. He noticed that she did that sometimes, used humour to cover her true feelings. He noticed that instead of standing there in front of him, showing how weak and how vulnerable she could truly be, instead of breaking down and begging him to stay, she remained composed and strong, painting on a smile and breathing a chuckle, keeping her head high. He admired her so much for that quality alone.

As he walked away, getting swallowed by the throngs of travellers escaping to all corners of the globe, Emily stood alone in the bustle of people with a lot on her mind, as Jared so keenly picked up on. She inhaled deeply, filling her lungs with fresh new air as it began to dawn on her that by the time she'd see Jared's face again, she'd understand a little more, what exactly the two of them were doing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The shrill sound of her ringer rattled Emily from her exhausted sleep. She'd dozed of unwillingly after her brain just couldn't take anymore. She'd forced herself awake going over every detail of her and Jared's relationship. Examining every touch, looking for connotations in every word. She'd been at it for hours, so long she wasn't quite sure what the time actually was. After stripping down every aspect of their relationship since the moment they met, the only realisation Emily landed on was the fact that she relied on Jared for more than she probably should. He was the first one she told anything too, the first person she'd confide in. Jared was the first thought in her mind in the morning and the last at night. Everything she did was centred around him. And Jared wasn't any better, he'd out right told her she mattered to him, and let his guard down enough to cry in front of her.

She answered the phone without looking at who was calling, just expecting it to be Jared. When she'd placed the receiver to her ear she was met with sounds she didn't expect to hear. Loud music and people talking flowed into her brain and she wondered what Jared was doing.

"Emily baby! Long time no speak!"

When she heard the familiar Italian twang she inwardly groaned to herself. He was the last person she wanted to speak to. It had been a long time since she'd heard from Benny, the last time she did it was to drag her to that crack house party. Thinking a little harder, she hadn't even spoken to him to buy drugs, she hadn't spent money on narcotics for a long time.

"Benny, hi." She replied in a monotone voice, not caring to speak to him at all.

"What you up to doll?" Benny's voice was muffled and Emily found it hard to make out anything he was saying and she didn't know if it was because of the music in the background drowning out his voice or the possibility that however many drugs he'd consumed was making him slur his words.