Chapter 2: Adapt or Die

Start from the beginning

Jaune sort of smiled hearing that, and hearing the story, he remembered his actions earlier that day that got him in trouble. "Dad... I'm sorry about what I did, I'm fine with whatever punishment you and mom have for me," Jaune said

Nicholas smiled and ruffled his son's hair and left his son's room, telling him he would be punished soon and that he was sure his mother would find something for him to do.

"Wake up!"

Jaune quickly bolted up as of waking up from a nightmare and looked around with confusion, he realized he was in a large tent, but he looked to the side and then looked up to see none other than Vernal standing next to him, and she was looking down at him with a glare that could give Weiss a run for her money.

"Where- What the happened?" Jaune asked, "Where am I?"

"You're in our camp," Vernal told him

Jaune was surprised, "What!? Why am I here!?"

"Tsk, don't ask me," Vernal said rudely, "Raven's the one who wanted you here and alive, if it were up to me, I'd leave you bleeding out on the side of the road," she said muttering the last part

Jaune was confused about why Raven wanted him alive, but he wasn't going to ask why, he was alive, that was what mattered to him, he still had a chance to do what he needed to do, but then he remembered something. Jaune stood up and looked to the side Raven had stabbed him and saw the hole in his hoodie, and then he lifted up his hoodie halfway only to see that the wound Raven had given him was healed, the only prof of the wound was a small scar that was about an inch in length.

Jaune was surprised by just how fast it had healed, he was sure a wound like that would take at least a while to heal properly, but he felt fine. He got up and looked around only to see that his armor was gone, he looked over to Vernal, "Hey, where's my Armor?"

"Raven's got it, and she says she'll give it back when you prove yourself," Vernal told him, "Speaking of which, Raven wants to see you, so let's get going Arc," Vernal said

Jaune just sighed but he followed her outside of the tent only to get a good look at what was the Branwen tribe.

Wooden walls surrounded the entire campsite, and tents, both large and small, were spread across the campgrounds, he also noticed what appeared to be a large festive area, no doubt for celebrating whatever it was that bandits had to celebrate. Oddly enough, he also noticed some kids, really young kids, but they weren't running around or playing, they were training, which just seemed harsh to Jaune, and that was when he noticed it.

He noticed some of the tribe members looking at him, one of the people staring at him was Shay, giving him a glare that a bully would give. Jaune just pretended not to see him and kept following Vernal.

Finally, after a short walk, the two arrived at Raven's tent and entered it only to see the fearless bandit leader drinking a nice cup of tea as if she was at an Atlas dinner party. Raven set her cup down on her saucer and looked at the two, a small smile on her face.

Jaune looked at Raven and now that he could clearly see her face, he was a little taken aback, as she looked so much like Yang, if she had black hair, red eyes, and was a little older.

'Wait a second... doesn't Yang's eyes turn red when her semblance is activated?' Jaune thought to himself

Raven looked to Vernal with a small smile, "Thank you for bringing him here Vernal," Raven said

"Yeah, Yeah," Vernal said, taking a seat across from her on a pillow. Jaune followed suit and sat next to Vernal, much to her annoyance

"It's good to see you made it Jaune," Raven said, "How are you feeling?"