🥰Sing to my heart | Conductor x fem!singer!reader

It was a rather ordinary day at Dead Bird. DJ Grooves and the Conductor were both busy writing their new scripts. Grooves for a sci-fi short film, Conductor for a Western musical. However, as the latter of these two was reading his work, he came to a realization.

None of his crew members fit the bill for one of his roles... He needed to cast a female actress for the love interest.

He called his assistant into his office and told them to go publish the invite for the casting. They immediately got to work, and so, days later, the Conductor was judging actress after actress who came to audition for the role.

Too high-pitched... Too skinny... Too prideful... Not enough devotion...
None of them quite did it...

Until she came along...

---

"Mister Conductor?" He snapped out of his thoughts to see a few tech owls looking at him in concern. A little further back, where he was originally looking, stood Y/N. The young H/C-haired woman was practising her lines. She twirled around on the wooden boards occasionally, smiling as she did.

He knew she was over the moon to have been chosen for the role. Who wouldn't be? She was working with the best director in all of Landica! But the Conductor had felt something foreign, seeing her like that...

A swelling of pride in his chest...

"Right, ah better git ta filmin'..." he muttered, jumping off his chair and approaching the lady. "Hey lass, we're on in a bit. Ye ready?" Y/N took a few deep breaths. He could feel the enthusiasm she radiated as it started to shift into calm and concentration. "Ready as I'll ever be, sir."

He grinned; "Gud. Ye better show me wot yer made of on that podium." She nodded, throwing her hair back and smiling. The owls on set finished the lines they needed to do, and she jumped up, breaking into song.

The song was a simple one, about a girl that was loved throughout town for her looks, but wanted nothing more than someone to notice her rebellious and daring personality. Y/N was on stage with a total of 4 other owls, swinging and dancing as she sang her heart out.

Conductor was impressed, not to mention entranced by her voice. She pronounced every word with a predetermined strength that made it stick out. He grinned... She was just the right fit for the role...

As the chorus came to an end, he nimbly jumped on stage, tipping his hat as he approached her and sang his part. It was about a rogue sheriff coming to town to look for a challenge. She seemed to blush a little, but he figured it was a way for her to stay in character. He grabbed her hand, holding it up as he twirled her around.

All eyes were on them as they danced, challenging and bringing out the best in one another. Conductor oftentimes had this effect on his actors, but Y/N was visibly up to the challenge and made him do his best to stay her equal.

As the song ended, everyone struck their final pose as the rogue sheriff, Conductor, dipped his new love interest, Y/N. Both of them were looking straight at each other, panting a little. When Conductor finally gave the sign to cut the cameras, he brought her back up, and the two shared a stunned silence.

"Wow, Y/N... Yer good..."
"Heh, thanks... You were amazing as well..."

And as they walked off stage, both of them felt something ignite in their chest...

---

"Sheriff, there you are! I was- What's wrong?" Conductor sat at the bar decor, sipping on a beer. He looked rather gloomy before but cheered up when he heard Y/N's voice. "Oh, Felicia... Ah sit here, a blazin' fire caged in me chest... Ah want to go on adventures again..." Y/N came over and grabbed his hand, making him look at her. Her eyes shone in the spotlights as she spoke her next lines.

"Then go... Do as you must and be free..."

Conductor was frozen for a moment as something inside him snapped. He knew he'd ruin the shot, but he could care less right now. He loved her, and she deserved to know.

"Felicia..." he started, getting up to stand in front of her and tracing her hairline with one of his clawed fingers. She looked up into his half lidded eyes and his loving smile, immediately realizing...

...he was going off script...

"Felicia, how could ah ever manage ta stay away from you..? You're a gorgeous woman to behold, with an even better personality..." Y/N was listening, slightly wide-eyed as a small blush began to set in on her cheeks. Was this the Sheriff talking to Miss Felicia..? Or was this... Conductor talking directly to her..?!

"Ah want to leave, yes... But ah would like nothin' more than to have you by me side through it all..." He took another step forward, wrapping his arms around her waist and looking her deep in the eyes.

"So, 'Felicia'..." The way he was pronouncing her name as a nickname confirmed Y/N's thoughts. Conductor was, in fact, talking to her and not her character. "Would ye... be mine..?"

Silence reigned for a moment as the H/C- haired actress brought her face closer and spoke four words before pushing her lips to his beak.

"I would love to..."

---

This was requested by Agt_Ruby21, I hope you enjoyed it! Requests are still open, I just don't have as much time because of my studies, but I'll try to get a few more done