A sly manipulator | Moonjumper × scared!reader

Requested by the lovely DesignerSwitch. I am pretty curious what'll come out of this. Moonjumper's personality will probably be really off point, but this is just my take on what he'd be like. Also, sorry for the long wait, been busy on a Conductor x reader.

"(Y/NNN)!" The roar was clearly heard throughout the darkness of Subcon Forest. Snatcher looked up from his book and sighed. His 'friend' from the horizon had lost his temper again.

The Moonjumper assembled itself in front of his trembling best friend. She held her hands in front of her face and took a few steps back: "What h-happened, Moon?" He frowned, closing in on her slowly, silently, like a hungry animal. "Hat Kid got away... Thanks to YOU!" (Y/N) took shaky breaths and answered: "H-How should I have l-let her get away..?" "It doesn't matter how!" Moonjumper yelled out in frustration.

Suddenly, he fell silent, tears threatening to leave his hollow, dark aqua eyes. The young woman before him gulped and quickly came to his aid: "Please don't cry, Moonie... You know I don't like seeing you cry..!" The ghost-like figure looked up, tears still in his eyes: "T-Then why didn't you keep her here..? F-For me..?" She sighed: "We both know you wouldn't be able to keep her in the horizon... She'd escape somehow..." Moonjumper gritted his teeth. He didn't like her answer one bit and really wanted to strangle her then and there, but not yet... He had to keep up his little facade...

"M-Maybe you're right... But that d-doesn't mean... I c-can't try... does it..?" he asked, faking a hopeful glance in the girl's direction. "I mean-! No... I guess it doesn't..." He sniffed softly and said: "I-I'm gonna try to f-find her again... P-Please help me... I don't t-think I can find her alone..."

"You know I can't do that..." That was it. The ghost stood up to his full length and changed one of his hands to a wooden cross, as black strings flew at poor (Y/N). Immediately, the girl turned on her heels and ran for her life. She needed to get to safety. And even though it was extremely risky...

...she knew where to go...

-

"Mister Snatcher!" The head of the purple spectre shot up by the sheer fear in her voice alone. He rose a brow as she quickly parcoured up to the stump, but grumbled as Moonjumper soon appeared, Cheshire Cat's grin present on his smug face.

"What do you think you're doing here, Moonjumper..." he growled, to which the paranormal being only laughed. "I'm here to collect what belongs to me, Snatcher." He stretched out a hand towards (Y/N) who ducked behind the chair to avoid the strings. Snatcher shook his head: "No can do, you manipulative piece of peck. Go back to the boringzon, where you belong." He ignited his hands into bulbs of black magic and slung them at Moonjumper, who dodged them with ease and shot a few red strings at him, two of which successfully bound themselves to his arms and tied them behind his back.

"Leave her be, Moon. You know you aren't welcomed down here." The only resident of the horizon simply laughed at him. Snatcher felt rage overthrow his better judgement. "This... ends... NOW." He easily broke through the strings and hit his enemy square in the chest with a blast. He took a few steps back and grinned: "Fine, I'll leave, oh humble King of Subcon..." He started dissolving and finally left the spectre's sight.

With a relieved smile, he sat back down and spoke: "He's gone, kid. You can come out." No reply. The tree was eerily silent. "Kid? Stop joking around... I shooed him away, you're safe." Again, silence was all that met him. He searched around and outside his tree. Nothing. No footprints either. He then looked up.

A blood-curdling female scream filled the sky. He facepalmed. "The things I do for that girl and my BFF..." he groaned, ascending towards the horizon. He was gonna get (Y/N) back down. Bonus points if he could beat Moonpecker up.