Chapter 23

"We don't have to go on a date if you're not ready, belle."

I heard him say outside the room I'm staying at.

It's the next day already which means I'm going on a date.

...a date with my crush... my first real crush... my first ever date.

I was looking at the mirror, staring at my reflection. Kahit sa unit niya lang mismo kami magda-date, sinabihan niya akong mag-dress up.

I'm wearing a pink and yellow floral milkmaid dress. It hugs my breasts and waist perfectly, and the rest is flowy. It matches my gold locket and my gold studded earrings. I let my brown hair down since Lukas likes it that way. Since I have a cast on my left foot, I opted to wear my ballet sandals for easy movement.

Thank God he allowed me to stop by my house before going to his condo yesterday. At buti naisipan kong magbaon ng mga matitino na pangalis na damit.

I have been staring at my reflection for awhile now. I put on a bit of makeup so I don't look as dead as I was in the hospital.

Has the dress always fit like this? Did my breasts grow? Or did I gain weight? Lumulobo ba tiyan ko? Is that why the top part of my dress fits me like a glove?

Maybe I'll do some crunches later...

"Belle indeed..."

I was so lost in my self-loathing, I didn't hear the countless knocks on the door.

Nakita kong naglakad siya palapit sa akin sa mirror. I can't help, but tease. "Kaya pala tinanong mo kanina anong kulay susuotin ko."

He's wearing a white shirt under his pink and yellow knitted vest. He styled it with plain denim jeans and his pink high cut Converse. His hair is styled in the way I love so much, his hair effortlessly messy like his hands ran through it.

A bunch of Filipinos wearing shoes inside the house? The disrespect. If someone sees us, they'd most likely bring out the tsinelas and the hangers.

"I like matching with you," he smiled, that soft smile that makes his eyes crinkle. "Do you want to know why?"

Tumango ako, curious as to what he'll say.

"Because we're a match."

A loud laugh bubbled out of me. "Ang corny! 'Wag mo ng uulitin."

He was near me, supporting me so I don't wobble too much or injure myself even more. Buti talaga hindi kami lalabas kung hindi, kailangan pa naming bumili ng crutches.

Inaalalayan niya ako, nang makalabas na kami sa hallway, bumungad 'yong living room. I stopped moving to take in what is in front of me. I'm so stunned, my jaw is reaching the floor.

"Is this why you didn't want me to go out of the room until you told so?" I whispered. I'm too astonished. Natatakot akong magingay, the majestic sight might magically disappear if I make a noise.

I can feel his palm nudging my back, urging me to move forward.

Lukas transformed the living room into a picnic area. His furnitures are moved to the side and a big blanket was placed in the middle. There are some pillows on the floor and trays filled with food. A small vase of flowers was placed in the middle of everything. To finish it off, fairy lights were twinkling.

It may look simple, but it still didn't fail to overwhelm me.

I can't believe someone is willing to put effort for me.

He helped me sit on the blanket and get comfortable with the pillows; he propped my foot with one. Umupo siya sa tabi ko at may kinuha sa likod niya.

He showed me two copies of the same romance book. "I know you've been wanting to read this. I thought we can read it together and share our thoughts once we finish." He voiced out nervously.