"Hey silly girl, don't ruin your make up. Do you really want all guests to run away when they will see smeared mascara at your whole face...!" She slapped my head while giving tissue paper into my hands and uncontrollably I laughed through my tears.

Wiping my tears when I looked at my right side, I found soniya trying to get the attention of grumpy Akil but same like me he was also looking completely out of order. Oh God they all made both of us real big damn fools. Damn you Manik Malhotra.

There were every type of noises but special song of happy birthday made all of them completely silent. Some of them started smiling while others looking confused same like me. But few second later when dark sky twinkled with fireworks display, now I realised what was the day. It was Manik's birthday as well and fury of light showed the colourful message of happy birthday Manik. With widely shocked eyes I looked back towards Manik, who's gaze was already stuck at me.

Now I understood why dadi jan was determined to place the engagement at exactly this date. She wanted manik to have two most important occasions at the same night. But the main thing was that how I forgot about his birthday. Everyone was coming towards him to wish him but I wasn't having any plan to go and talk to him. Not at the moment. So turning over my heels I went towards the table where at the moment no one was sitting. Riya also was also with me. Within few seconds all Malhotras siblings started sitting around my table.

---------------

When dinner was served at several tables, settled into this decorated grassy huge lawn. Manik was sitting with his uncles with their friends. Aanya, Isha, sahil bhaie and Rohan joined me at my table. Whole time I could feel his heated gaze at me but still I refused to give into the temptation. Because I knew I couldn't simply look into his eyes without bursting into tears of anger, frustration and happiness. I wanted to kill him for troubling me so much.

After giving so many congratulations, and finishing dinner, guests were almost gone except few. Suddenly I felt presence of someone behind my chair. That familiar heady scent was enough for me to know that it was Manik.

"Someone looking very excited....!" Aanya teased Manik and all chuckled at her mocking remarks.

"Why I shouldn't be after all I got engaged....!" he replied before taking seat next to me. I purposely ignored his presence. Its not like only he can do all ignoring drama. Showing no interest I looked at other side. Whole family was happy, laughing and gossiping.

Suddenly something clicked into my mind and desperately I started looking for one specific Malhotra. And a big smile appeared at my face, when my eyes met with Ishan. Standing far away from all the crowd he was looking exactly at me and Manik. He just signalled with thumb up before walking away. I wanted to say thank you, so I stood up and ran after him.

Coming at the other end of the yard, I found him standing alone. Both hands inserted into his pants pockets, he was looking at the crazy waves. Something pulled into my chest when I saw a distant look at his face. My steps came to abrupt stop when he pulled his wallet out of his pocket. Walking slowly ahead I saw how his lips stretched into a smile. But my heart pained when I found how it wasn't reaching his eyes. That smile was broken.

Curiosity forced me to take one more step closer and now I could see picture of a very beautiful girl. I didn't need any confirmation to know who was she. Mishka, only girl he ever loved. Her beauty was flawless. I couldn't help myself imagining her with Ishan. They both were most perfect couple with heavenly attractive looks.

A thought of losing your love bugged my brain, and I felt sharp pain clawed my chest. I couldn't even imagine losing Manik, the way Ishan lost Mishka. It was horrible ending of such pure love. Taking steps backward quietly I was going to leave when suddenly Ishan noticed my presence. His raspy voice stopped me.