Part_35

During these past few weeks sleep never came to me as preparation for exams kept me awake day and night. Finally today was the last exam. Manik and Ishan already got free two days ago as their exams ended before us. And finally today me and Aanya also got free. I can't describe the feelings, how I was so burden free and relaxed. Like huge war was finally over.

Last night Dadi Jan called me personally and asked to come back town along all these Malhotra siblings. She wants to talk about something important. I wasn't feeling so comfortable but still I couldn't deny her. So tomorrow we were all leaving for town. But before leaving they held a small party. It wasn't any typical party like loud music, rich food and expensive decorations. It was more like a bunch of crazy friends going to sit around and feel free to enjoy a proper yet simple meal and some drinks.

During exams don't know how many times Manik sneaked into my room. I don't know how he might behave so carefree when at the other hand I was on the verge of dying, cause off the pressure of my studies. Still he will get higher grades and I'm really jealous for that.

When all would have studied in their rooms, I had been begging him to leave so that I could concentrate over my books. But he didn't leave any chance to snuggle into my blanket and have short nappes while feeling all helpless I had to move out at balcony to cover my lessons. But most sweet and cute thing was when he asked Elie auntie to make tea for both of us. He brought two cup every night and my exhausted body and painful head couldn't be more thankful for having that some free, peaceful time with him.

Me and Aanya were into kitchen with Elie auntie, helping her to serve the dinner while continuous sounds of laughing, teasing, taunts and typical boyish jokes were making the atmosphere of living room quite crazy and noisy. As the dining table was fully arranged, Elie auntie went to call everyone to start their dinner. Their four friends, Rohan, Ishan and Aanya took seats while I came out of the dining room. Didn't expect that I was going to straight bang into Manik Malhotra.

"Where are you going babes....!" he asked play fully while blocking my way. After Sameer left few days Manik got awfully silent. He was always so distant but when I kept coming to him he started coming back to his normal annoying self. But still I have doubts that he was hiding something from me.

"I'm going to call Riya, she didn't come downstairs....!" listening that, smile got vanished from his face and deep frowns got replaced. Two days ago I told Manik about Riya's feelings towards Ishan but the way he got angry I'm still confused. He asked me strictly to keep my friend away From Ishan.

I was extremely angry but somehow I knew there is a bigger reason why Ishan pushing Riya away. Otherwise he wouldn't have hurt her. I saw care towards Riya in his eyes. Though Ishan is silent and serious type person but still I never seen him being harsh towards any girl. Without saying anything Manik went towards dining room and I went to call Riya.

After few minutes I came downstairs alone because Riya refused to come downstairs. She always behave so conscious and unsettled around Ishan so I didn't force her to join us. I just asked Elie auntie to send food into room for her.

I felt bad for leaving her alone in my room but at the other hand I couldn't leave Aanya at the dining table full of only boys. It was more awkward than leaving Riya alone into my room. As I came back there only chair was empty between Aanya and Manik. I silently pulled it out and sat over it. Manik was busy talking to his friend while I filled my plate with some rice and vegetable curry.

"Where is Riya. Why she didn't come downstairs....!" Aanya asked lowly but being closer to Ishan he listened it easily. He jerked his head up towards me and I couldn't ignore the way his eyes were questioning me that when and why she came here. But soon covering his concern with expressionless features he looked down over his plate.