Part_27

It's been two weeks since I was admit in the hospital. My wound getting better but it still hurts to move or stretch my arm. So this early morning nurses helped me to the bathroom for getting fresh and then shifted me into another room where doctors removed my stitches. Dressing is still covering my wound and it needed to change every day. When I was done, after settling me back into my room nurses left. Since the first day during day-time Aanya was always with me but at night time Manik came almost daily.

Before his arrival I always tried my best to be already sleeping. But when a person sitting in your room whole night watching you while sleeping, doesn't it feel little creepy and heart-fluttering. That whole week cause of medicines I had some sleep otherwise my senses were always alarmed about his intense gaze at me.

But to my surprise he never disturbed my sleep. Every night he just kept sitting at the couch silently or pacing here and there. I was hundred percent sure that all the nights he spent in my room, he didn't sleep. His strange behaviour not just effecting my nerves, infect it was making me highly uncomfortable as well. So I tried my best to avoid him as much as I could.

After one week our college had started and Aanya told me that next morning they all were going back. That night I felt Manik stayed longer till the next morning but I also tried my best to pretend as sleeping. Then I listened him taking a deep sigh and then his feet started covering the distance towards my bed. I remained as still as I could dare. My back was facing him but the heat of his gaze felt like it was burning me.

"I know you are not sleeping but if you feel that avoiding me makes you feel ok then I would let you to be happy. I'm returning for the college but I will come back. Till then take care....!" saying those words he kept standing for some time, like waiting for some response. But when he got nothing he silently left. My throat thickened and I swallowed hard. Why suddenly he started showing so much concern. Why he is being so polite and careful towards me. When I turned around I found my luggage placed at the couch which I forgot into his car before leaving for my home.

After that its been one week I didn't see him. They all have gone back malhotra house to attend their classes except Aanya. She didn't go cause of me. She was coming hospital every day.

I thought I will find any room for me during the week, when classes were off but it had wasted while laying here in hospital bed. Any time doctors will discharge me and still I don't know where I will go.

That day when I went to unlock my house door, I was shocked there was no lock. Infect I could see lights were ON and people talking inside. I was really shocked but then I knocked the door. When I came to know they were new owners of the house, that news was like lightening thunder fell over my ears. I couldn't believe my ears.

Immediately I called baba. First he didn't pick my call but when I kept dialling again and again finally he picked. I came straight at the main point and asked that he really sold our house. He said yes. My heart broken into millions pieces but I was trying hard to keep myself  composed. He reminded me that before leaving I said I won't come back into that house so he felt he don't need that house any more.

Yes I remember I said that but on that time I was angry. It wasn't any concern for Malhotras that if their employers accept the offers given by their companies or not. So accepting the offer for joining their branch in Italy was completely baba's own decision. And if he sold his house, once again it's nothing to do anything with Malhotras. That house was his personal property so no one could stop him from selling it. But they were trying everything what they could do. In this horrible face of life it was just this family who remained beside me. I feel that heaviness of their favours, that it was crushing my self-proud and dignity.