Dog Days Of A Neighbor

Start from the beginning

She found herself wondering if they had scared. If she was to run her fingers across them, would she feel the bumps? If she explored more, would she find scared hidden behind fabric? She would wonder how you got them. What story each mark had behind it.

Her thoughts began to travel to dangerous territory. What did you lips feel like? Would you be rough and border on hurting her, or would you be gentle and treat her like a delicate thing? Would your hands trail down her body? Would they move up?

What kind of lover were you? In the morning, would you be holding her? Would you be gone? Would you be creasing her face? Playing with her hair? Telling her that she was beautiful. Telling her that you love her.

Scarlet didn't even notice that her sister had begun to wake up and get ready for school. She finally snapped out of her deepening thoughts when Ginger poked her head out from around the corner.

Ginger: Yo, Scarlet. Robin needs your help to get out of bed.

While Scarlet attended to her sisterly duties, you were barely waking up. It was a restless night, hut you did get an hour or so of sleep in. It'll have to do. You had things you needed to get done today.

You sat up and pushed your hair back with one hand while the other dangled off your knee. Your bare upper body wasn't as sweaty as it had been your first few nights here. It seemed odd to you, but you had seemed to have found some kind of peace here. Though, the new scar on your shoulder told a different story.

You had started a routine of checking in on Robin at least once a day. Sometimes Scarlet would trust you to look over her young sister while she ran errands. You didn't mind it, of course, and Robin seemed to enjoy getting out of her apartment. Or, at least away from her sisters.

You took a quick shower to wash yourself off before getting dressed. You pulled your jacket on just as you heard a knock at your door. You walked over and opened it to find Ruby standing there.

This was a bit odd, seeing as Ruby was indifferent towards you on a good day. She also never came to your apartment unless everyone else was there. And with your bitterness towards her friend, you figured she wasn't your biggest fan.

Y/N: Uh, morning.

Ruby: Hm.

Not a morning person, it seemed.

Y/N: Did you need something?

Ruby: Yeah. Uh, I left my math book here the last time I was over.

You didn't recall seeing one, but you opened the door and allowed her inside to look for it. You watched as she walked over to the couch and began to look around. She finally reached under your coffee table and grabbed her book.

Ruby: I wish I didn't need this. I hate school.

While it might have been something that she would normally say, you could hear a slight anger. She was being serious. You rubbed the back of your head and thought back to your school days.

Y/N: Yeah. I don't blame you. I wasn't the best student growing up. I actually dropped out.

Ruby seemed surpised by this news. She then looked around your apartment.

Ruby: How do you afford all this stuff? Do you even have a job?

You just shrugged. Honestly, it was a long and complicated story. One that you weren't too fond of telling at the moment.

Y/N: Good timed investments.

Ruby didn't believe you, but she also knew that you wouldn't break if she pushed it. So, she just got her book and headed out.