3. Doctor! Doctor!

Começar do início

"And she did a suicide attempt?" Taran raised his eyes with a sad smile.

"Yes. I don't know why? I never ever thought that she will do something like that." Vikram himself didn't expect her to take such a drastic step. Parineet was silent and numb from past so many days but he didn't think that she will try to kill herself. He still hasn't come to terms with what happened in last three hours.

"I can really well understand your situation but our hospital has some norms and I can't go against them. Humein police mein inform to karna hi hoga. I know the inspector and I'll try to help you as much as I can. You don't really have to worry about it."

"Thank you. Thank you Dr -" Vikram didn't know how to thank the doctor sitting in front of him and in the process he stumbled at the name.

"- Taran. Taran Ahuja." He told and smiled.

"Thank you so much sir."

"Aap rest kijiye. You can meet her tomorrow morning."

"I hope she's fine doctor."

"She will be completely fine soon. You take care. If you want, then the nurse can check your vitals too. It's normal to have low blood pressure in times of this stressful situation." He extended his help for he could understand the pain of his patients really well. Taran is an expert at emotions because he himself is a very homely guy.

"I am fine Dr Taran, I just wish for my sister's well being." Vikram was almost crying and Taran pitied the man sitting in front of him.

"She will be. I assure you. By the way why did she do so?" Taran grew curious to know the complete history of his patient, so as to give her a better treatment, also he had to help him in handling the police report too. Suicides are not a one day planning instead, they are a result of months of overthinking loosing zeal to live and over working your brain. Hence sometimes the patient gets so much depressed that he/she can indulge in multiple suicide attempts and Taran definitely doesn't want that. He wanted to know if he could help by any means.

"Haalaat. Uske haalaat hi ese hain. She is living like a dead corpse nowadays. I -" Vikram wanted to tell everything, confide into someone for it's too much for him to handle and a doctor cane be and is the best person to tell, but his tears choked him. Vikram sobbed heavily.

"Don't cry Mr Vikram. Sab thik ho jaega." Taran let go of the question and put his hand on his shoulder. It's the least he could do.

_______________

The sun rays entered inside the room through the curtains and Parineet's eyes flinched for a moment. She felt as if she was in a deep slumber, a long trance, as if she has been part of a never ending lonely night. With some effort and discomfort she opened her eyes and saw around. She found herself in a cozy hospital room, curtains were moving due to gentle breeze and the cream coloured wall opposite her bed had a clock which showed 7:09 AM. Her head was paining and right hand was covered with leads and IVs.
Parineet looked at the window, trying to take a peak at the morning view. She did bad, she thought. If she really thought she didn't deserve the pain then why she hurted herself so much? Maybe because her life is all about pain now.
For her, living means dying. And that's why she did that. But she caused so much pain to Vikram in the process. What would he be thinking of her? Coward? Weak? He must himself be in extreme distress because of her. Why is she the cause behind everyone's grief?

"Start it afresh, you will automatically fill your loved one's and your life with happiness." A voice said. She was too lost in the view of moving curtains that she didn't notice that the doctor has entered her room and is standing near her bed.
"I came here to check if you are good or not."  Parineet looked at him. His silhouette revealed that the doctor is as young as her and well built and tall. Parineet rolled her head on the other side because the advice he gave, seemed too unreal for someone like her who's world is just gloomy, sad and lonely.